Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-27-2009, 09:16 PM   #1
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
New Style Leather Cover for Kindle 1

This came up on my Google Reader via Mobile Magazine. A Kindle 1 leather cover sold by Piel Frama that sells for 80 €... yes that's Euros. Shipping worldwide.

Edit: The USD price as of this edit is $106.42.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kindle 1 leather.jpg
Views:	601
Size:	162.8 KB
ID:	26554  

Last edited by daffy4u; 03-28-2009 at 11:06 AM.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 10:00 PM   #2
CRoss
Bibliophile
CRoss began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
I like it, but dang, 80 Euros? That's a bit much even for my beloved Kindle.
CRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2009, 08:25 AM   #3
artsci
artsci
artsci has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artsci has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artsci has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artsci has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle and Kindle 2
That's the best Kindle 1 commercially-made cover I've seen. It's not just some existing commercial product that's been slightly adapted for the Kindle, like the Oberon covers, but manufactured specifically for use with the Kindle 1. The custom features, such as the opening for the page-turning buttons and the like are very impressive. The tooling costs to do that probably result in the high price, plus, judging from the photos, it appears to be especially well made. This company also has extensive experience making leather cases customized for portable electronics.

Last edited by artsci; 03-28-2009 at 08:30 AM.
artsci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:03 AM   #4
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
It's quite handsome, I still lust for the Oberon.
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:33 AM   #5
Boston
Fanatic
Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Aura H20, Pixel XL
I love it...too bad it wasn't available earlier.

If it were available with a choice of an embossed cover (like their diary below), I would truly be tempted.

Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2009, 08:57 PM   #6
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
As an update, the Piel Frama company is now making a Kindle 2 cover.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	piel kindle 2 cover.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	145.9 KB
ID:	29097  
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote