Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Tolino

Notices

Old 04-05-2022, 04:23 PM   #1
trainlover
trainlover began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Shine 3
Question make pdf readable in shine 3 tolino

Hello dear fellow ebook-readers!

I probably am not the first person to put this out there, but I haven't been able to find a recent thread on this topic, so I will start a new one here.

I love my shine 3. But I can't read PDFs the way I would like to. You have to zoom in, and zoom out again before you switch to the next page, you cannot adjust the font size, you cannot mark the text... What to do?

I tried to convert a PDF to the Epub format via an online converting tool, b/c I thought my Tolino would recognize that format and treat it correspondingly. Alas, no. It just got... wierder.

Is there any software that can convert a PDF to a readable format for a Tolino shine 3 that anyone knows of? That would make me so very happy.

Thanks in advance
trainlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 11:49 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainlover View Post
Is there any software that can convert a PDF to a readable format for a Tolino shine 3 that anyone knows of? That would make me so very happy.
PDF is probably one of the worst formats to try converting to another format. If I must do so, I use calibre to convert to epub and then edit the epub to clean it up and make it readable. And that's for a PDF that has a decent text layer. Quite a few of the PDFs you find on the Internet are a collection of page images which are displayed and a poorly OCRed text layer to allow searching.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2022, 12:21 PM   #3
salamanderjuice
Guru
salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 2
Yep. You might want to try K2pdfopt which can help with things like cropping margins and what not but there's really no bulletproof way to get it good. PDF isn't really designed to be reflowable and work on small screens but to be printed and occasionally viewed on a computer beforehand.
salamanderjuice is offline   Reply With Quote