Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Tolino

Notices

Old 01-26-2022, 06:06 PM   #1
SadCyrillicUser1
SadCyrillicUser1 began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Shine 3
Can't mark cyrillic words Tolina Shine 3

I wan't to learn russian. I already installed an QuickDic-File from Wiktionary to my Tolino. I can only use it in the Settings. All other latin-languages work. I can't just mark words in cyrillic and "translate" them on the spot. . I already tried various Epubs. Even from the Tolino-Shop. Nothing works.
SadCyrillicUser1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 11:04 AM   #2
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Hi. No, I don't have a Tolino but I'm trying to learn a bit of Russian.

The problem probably lies in the fact that all latin languages only use Unicode up to 0xff while Russian (Cyrillic) uses 0x400. I don't know how the Tolino handles this all but it could be a problem with encoding the query into a URL. Can you copy and paste a word for lookup?

Do you have ADB enabled? Can you do an adb logcat when you try to do a lookup?
Renate is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2022, 05:57 PM   #3
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Does your dictionary speak?
I threw together a cheesy app for myself that speaks.
The biggest shortcoming is that freedict.org doesn't have anything good for Russian.
They only have a 2000 word English to Russian and their word choice is odd.

Edit: I've played around some more. I like this one, it changes the on-screen keyboard when you change the direction of the dictionary. It works fine on my phone, but not on my Onyx Poke3. I can manually change to the Russian keyboard, but it doesn't happen automatically.

I made it so it can say the word you typed (in whatever language you're typing) or the word it looked up in that language.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lookup2.png
Views:	164
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	192395  

Last edited by Renate; 02-20-2022 at 07:57 AM.
Renate is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
cyrillic