Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-01-2018, 03:04 PM   #1
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Again the $90 Kindle Paperwhite "shows up"

I'm beginning to wonder if Amazon is planning on making their Paperwhite the $90 "intro" eReader as the $90 price keeps showing up in odd places.

Latest is here ...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OQVZDJM/ref=ods_erd_mt

Maybe I was wrong. Maybe a new Voyage-like eReader is going to be the new mid-range device.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kindles.png
Views:	266
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	164790  
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 08:08 PM   #2
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Very odd.
When I follow the Voyage link the price shoots up to $199.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 01:31 AM   #3
shiningcat
shiningcat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I think they're just trying to clear up the stock.
shiningcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 05:08 AM   #4
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiningcat View Post
I think they're just trying to clear up the stock.
Except they're not actually selling these Paperwhites for $90, the price (durrently bogus) just keeps showing up in odd places.
Old 07-02-2018, 06:56 AM   #5
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
I just hope they come out with another 7+ inch reader in Paperwhite/Voyage style without the awkward asymmetrical Oasis design. Sold mine, too terrible to handle...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 10:28 PM   #6
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

It looks like Amazon has "gotten a handle" on the "wrong price in comparison chart" issue. They're now no longer displaying the price in the comparison chart. Strange.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OQVZDJM...ods_fs_eink_mt
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Noprice.png
Views:	100
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	164834  

Last edited by rcentros; 07-02-2018 at 10:56 PM.
Old 07-02-2018, 11:02 PM   #7
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
It looks like Amazon has "gotten a handle" on the "wrong price in comparison chart" issue. They're now no longer displaying the price in the comparison chart. Strange.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OQVZDJM...ods_fs_eink_mt
Not strange at all. There was probably enough people rightfully complaining (and getting their PW or Voyage cheaper) by "false advertisement". Same in a B&M store - they post a sale price on shelf, but register does not agree, I will complain until they match the price.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote