Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-29-2010, 08:23 PM   #16
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Someone says they chatted with the service center and received a possible solution.
Quote:
To reset "Power Management settings":
1. Connect Reader to a power outlet via AC adapter.
2. Verify that the red light is ON.
3. While connected, press the RESET button on the back of the unit.
4. Let the Reader charge for 4-5 hours
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 03:02 AM   #17
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
Someone says they chatted with the service center and received a possible solution.
Interesting, I may try this.
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2010, 12:46 PM   #18
Scott_T
Groupie
Scott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-500, Reb1100(dead)
Trying it, we'll see how it goes. I believe this was the same fix they used way back when the meter was broke before.
Scott_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 09:54 PM   #19
sukanya
sukanya began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS500
I'm reporting back on igorsk's solution. I believed it works for me. I have been reading for 200 pages with only one bar down (before I can read only 100 pages before getting the low battery warning.)

Thank you very much for the solution. I wouldn't be able to decipher the original page myself .
sukanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 06:42 PM   #20
junkml
Addict
junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Well, I tried the steps, but no luck. I did it Friday night, didn't use the book all weekend, and when read it at noon on Monday, it showed two bars until I turned two pages, then it gave me the triangle warning symbol and went to zero bars. So, for me, the battery life has still been cut to 1/3 or 1/4 of what it was prior to the "upgrade".
junkml is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2010, 10:29 AM   #21
Scott_T
Groupie
Scott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-books

Doesnt work. Turned it on after 3 days of 1 hour readings and it was dead.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:32 AM   #22
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_T View Post
Doesnt work. Turned it on after 3 days of 1 hour readings and it was dead.
How many pages did you read over this period of time? Did you access menu/TOC/bookmarks a lot?
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 05:55 PM   #23
Scott_T
Groupie

155 page epub (not sure what that works out in actual page turns) and one short story from another book. No bookmarks, no toc and just the menu to change books.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:42 AM   #24
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_T View Post
155 page epub (not sure what that works out in actual page turns) and one short story from another book. No bookmarks, no toc and just the menu to change books.
Sorry to hear it
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 03:41 PM   #25
Akumag2
Enthusiast
Akumag2 began at the beginning.

Doesnt work for me either, read 15 pages of epub purchased from sony book store, turn it on again after 2 days to only have 1 bar of life, connected it to the dock transferred a .txt file to it and undocked, after the spinning arrows it went to "no power" and turned off.

This has been horrible since the update, but seeing as 90% of the books I have on there are from the sony store I had to update it.
Akumag2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 12:47 PM   #26
ebook_wv
ebook_wv doesn't litterebook_wv doesn't litter

Device: None
You may want to contact Sony's Laredo Service Center, which did the prs-500 update.

Phone: 1-866-357-6230
Email: SonySVCLRD@am.sony.com

Last time I called I was told nobody had reported the battery problem to them yet. But they did agree to send me a UPS lable to get the 500 back to them. My reader is in their center right now. Not sure if they could fix it though. Check the thread here for repair update.

Last edited by ebook_wv; 02-09-2010 at 12:51 PM.
ebook_wv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 10:47 PM   #27
sukanya
sukanya began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS500
At first the fix seemed like it worked for me because I can turned a lot more pages before the battery ran out ( I read the normal lrf book). However, the problem is when I let it sleep. The battery ran out in less than 3 days without using it (and no memory card inside) . I think I will try calling the number above. I will report back.
sukanya is offline   Reply With Quote