Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-03-2010, 09:16 AM   #16
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
No more auto-off, auto-sleep is fine
I'd like my book cover back when my Kobo is off
Adjustable margins and line spacing
Instant (or close to) power on, open book

I'm sure there's more, but I can't think of anything else right now
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:55 AM   #17
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetbook and PocketBook IQ
Definitely "go to page".
hiaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2010, 12:19 PM   #18
DouglasK
DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Onyx Note Air3, Kobo Aura HD, Nexus 7 (2013)
Please allow some kind of tags... possibly set the book's Genre as a default tag and allow users to add tags.

Sony eReaders do this via "Categories".
DouglasK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 12:21 PM   #19
DouglasK
DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Onyx Note Air3, Kobo Aura HD, Nexus 7 (2013)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookeysgirl View Post
No more auto-off, auto-sleep is fine
I'd like my book cover back when my Kobo is off
Adjustable margins and line spacing
Instant (or close to) power on, open book

I'm sure there's more, but I can't think of anything else right now
The auto-off/auto-sleep and book covers when off/sleeping is in the new Kobo Wireless.

When the Kobo is sleeping, power on is almost instant.
DouglasK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:48 PM   #20
artig
Zealot
artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo, kindle pw
Illustrations shown in books in Kobo native format (no ADE required).
Go to footnotes/endnotes and return to text.
Mark book as read without having to laboriously page to end of last chapter.
Remove books from Kobo, or hide them in book list.
Remain in sleep mode, no auto-off.
artig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2010, 07:49 PM   #21
viviena
Evangelist
viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Currently Kobo Clara HD and Aura One, iPad
1. ability to follow footnotes and endnotes, i.e. hyperlinks (also for less linear EPUBs).
2. go-to-page.
3. if not adjustable margin options, margin-cut would be nice for books in the native Kobo format.

viviena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 07:24 AM   #22
3d0g
I make fjords.
3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: kobo 1 (retired), kobo 2, iPad, G2, Galaxy Tab 7+
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoran View Post
I'm happy to miss the thread when I could have it all in one sentence.
Thanks.
Glad to help!
3d0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 06:44 PM   #23
arwo
arwo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
I'd like to see a book listing by series... It'd be helpful when reading a series to find out which book is the next volume.

Also, better management of the sleep and off states via menu rather than pushing the power button hoping you've held it long enough and not so long as to lock the device.
arwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 11:55 AM   #24
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Quote:
Originally Posted by artig View Post
Illustrations shown in books in Kobo native format (no ADE required).
Not sure what you are referring to here. I bought a children's book for my son from the Kobo store, and the illustrations on my Kobo look identical to the printed book...
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 03:10 PM   #25
artig
Zealot
artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo, kindle pw
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokee View Post
Not sure what you are referring to here. I bought a children's book for my son from the Kobo store, and the illustrations on my Kobo look identical to the printed book...
The original Kobo (the non-WiFi version) uses a native book format which does not allow for diagrams or illustrations. To get illustrations you need to download and register ADE with Adobe, then download the books from the Kobo bookstore with ADE, and transfer these from ADE to the Kobo in ePub format. Bypassing the Kobo Desktop. There have been several threads about this problem.

Hopefully Kobo will update the firmware for the original Kobo so these extra steps are not required. Apparently the WiFi Kobo has new firmware which uses ePub as the native format, thus allowing illustrations to be included without using ADE.
artig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:11 PM   #26
jackdeth191
jackdeth191 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500 (MIA @ sony laredo) / Kobo wireless (#2)
I'd like to remap the buttons so I can change pages with my left hand instead of my right (pie in the sky dream of using the shop page and back page to respectively go forward 1 page and back 1 page) outside of that I'd love to be able to organize by date added to the kobo.

Last edited by jackdeth191; 11-10-2010 at 11:19 AM. Reason: new kobo = perfection so no longer hoping for a good battery ;)
jackdeth191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 05:54 AM   #27
winsomnia
Groupie
winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: kobo Touch, kobo Aura
I think that an option to re-map the buttons would save the life of the d-pad. And I definitely like the idea of a quick way to "mark book as read".
winsomnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 10:14 AM   #28
scudder
scudder began at the beginning.

My list (many already mentioned, but figured it is better to state again in case someone is counting):

1. Feature to handle books in a series
2. Option to turn-off "Auto-off"
3. Power-on returns to last page read in last book opened (bookmark?)
4. Mark book as "Read" without having to page through entire book
5. If you are going to keep the quotes, then lots more of them :-)
6. Goto page (might not be necessary with bookmarks and "mark-as-read")
scudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 10:07 PM   #29
GMFuller
Connoisseur
GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ability to remove a book from "I'm Reading" WITHOUT marking it as finished.
Option to sort by date added in the books list.
GMFuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 07:59 PM   #30
Danger
Evangelist
Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2 (retired), Kobo Touch (passed to the wife), KGlo, Galaxy TabPro
Too late to change the K2, but why the hell did someone think an extra button for "Shopping" was needed. Next version put it in the damn menu.

- Dictionary support for ALL books sideloaded or otherwise
- goto page
- NO page numbering, and I don't mean the page numbers at the bottom of the screen, I mean the stupid ones at the side of the screen that overlap text of the book, or at least an option to turn it off.
- No auto power off, rather auto-sleep
- Sort by Genre, not sure if this would be possible as it would have to be set in the eBook as well.
- Power-on returns to last page read in last book opened (bookmark?) NOT to the I'm Reading screen, unless you finished the last book being read.
- Mark book as "Read" without having to page through entire book
Danger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
feature requests, firmware, kobo