Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-02-2017, 01:25 PM   #436
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Ah, thanks Blossom. You always pick up those details. That does help, now that I know the wording.

I do wonder though if setting to kindle will cause an issue with those pre-order books that are initially only in epub. Some of them get the kindle version put on on the day its released, or a day later. I guess I'll find out. But would I even see those as options if I default to kindle. Hmmm.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 10:04 PM   #437
Shad Plante
Groupie
Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 6th Gen Kindle Paperwhite
The Kindle changes baffle me. You would think since the same company owns both Kobo and Overdrive, they would be putting more effort into making things more seamless with the Kobo readers.
Shad Plante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 08:29 AM   #438
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
Ah, thanks Blossom. You always pick up those details. That does help, now that I know the wording.
And other think is: if you download the epub book, the button for Kindle options disappear from the page (next time, not an immediate refresh)

Last edited by Terisa de morgan; 11-05-2017 at 11:37 AM.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 10:46 AM   #439
ElspethB
Passionate Reader
ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S3, Kobo Clara HD, Fire HD 8, Voyage, Oasis 3, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
And other think is: if you download the epub book, the button for Kindle options disappear from the page (next time, not an immediate refresh)
I may be wrong, but I think that's always been the case.
ElspethB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 11:36 AM   #440
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElspethB View Post
I may be wrong, but I think that's always been the case.
Yes... but the Kindle button wasn't before, that's what I was trying to say.
Old 11-05-2017, 01:40 PM   #441
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If you select the Kindle option in settings, you no longer see listings for eBooks that are PDF and/or ePub only. So if you have to wait until there is a Kindle version and if such happens say a few days later, the wait list could be a bit longer by then.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 11:38 PM   #442
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Auto checkout not working tonight. I had to go to my holds to borrow.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 11:49 PM   #443
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
I've always had auto-checkout. If that's not working, is there some indication in the Holds tab of Overdrive that tells you your book is ready to be checked out?

They've always just automatically moved from the Holds to the Loans tab, and I get an email telling me that. Then I go download it via Amazon (for the Kindle format).
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 12:15 AM   #444
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haertig View Post
I've always had auto-checkout. If that's not working, is there some indication in the Holds tab of Overdrive that tells you your book is ready to be checked out?

They've always just automatically moved from the Holds to the Loans tab, and I get an email telling me that. Then I go download it via Amazon (for the Kindle format).
You get an email but this is the first time auto checkout didn't work for me. Hopefully it's just a glitch.

Sent from my XT1528
Old 12-06-2017, 03:33 AM   #445
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Anyone else can't log into Free Library of Philadelphia?

Sent from my Nexus 7
Old 12-06-2017, 03:53 AM   #446
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

I'm logged, so I cannot say.

Last edited by Terisa de morgan; 12-06-2017 at 04:19 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 12-06-2017, 04:37 AM   #447
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I'm logged, so I cannot say.
Can you borrow a book? It gives me an error when trying.

Sent from my XT1528
Old 12-06-2017, 04:54 AM   #448
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

No, there's some problem with the cards because you can login with overdrive email but, later, you cannot borrow.
Old 12-06-2017, 05:09 AM   #449
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
What's the error message you get when you try to borrow?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 05:11 AM   #450
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

The library card you previously added can't be used to complete this action. Please add your card again, or add a different card. If you receive an error message, please contact your library for help.