Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-30-2017, 09:10 AM   #286
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by arooni View Post
1) But quick question; I can get real actual page numbers with AZW3 output but it seems I can't get actual page numbers (or estimates) with this plugin. Anyway to get real page numbers?

2) Same question for the XRAY Plugin. I can get the xray plugin working with AZW3 but not this KFX output plugin apparently ;(

3) No matter if I selected "remove spacing between paragraphs" or not... it seemed like there was always a space in between paragraphs. Any way around that?
1) You can get actual page numbers, but not estimated ones. If the page numbers are present in the source EPUB then they will be carried in the converted KFX file. The problem is that most EPUBs do not include page numbers and I do not know of any exiting software to add estimated ones.

Since this question has been raised multiple times I will looking into adding "fake" page numbers in a future release of the plugin.

2) I am not very familiar with X-ray, but believe that the content of the book must be examined to link things of interest to the places where they occur in the book. I do not think that an existing X-ray creator has that capability for KFX. You could try using an X-ray file created for another format of the same book, it might be close enough.

KFX books will make use of an X-ray file placed in the correct location, as long as the book is marked as an e-book and not a personal document and has a matching ASIN. That is controlled by conversion settings in the KFX Output plugin.

3) I haven't seen this problem in my conversions. You will probably have to use calibre's book editor to find the cause of the extra spacing (such as empty paragraphs in the book) and remove them.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 05:10 AM   #287
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
After some additional testing I'm quite sure that KFX simply don't support Panel View for manga type e-book. It was already not recommended with KF8 but it was still supported.

Fact that all official KFX releases don't use Panel View speaks for itself.

I'm currently trying to create a special mode for KCC that will generate EPUB files fully compatible with this plugin. No ETA as I'm still not pleased with quality of output.
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 05:39 PM   #288
Readirect
Zealot
Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: KPW1
KFX Output plugin Breaks Calibre

Lately (since at least Calibre v3.9 & through v3.11.1) Preferences>Output Options fails when opened with the error

Attributeerror:type object 'PluginWidget' has no attribute 'TITLE'

I finally tracked the error down to the KFX Output plugin v1.12: No error when it's not installed, error when it is. No other changes in my system(s)

All flavors (32, 64, portable) of all recent Calibre versions are affected. I also can't find a more recent or less recent version of the plugin.

I can't find any references to it on the net which seems odd to me since I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one using it.
Readirect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 06:53 PM   #289
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Readirect View Post
Lately (since at least Calibre v3.9 & through v3.11.1) Preferences>Output Options fails when opened with the error
Attributeerror:type object 'PluginWidget' has no attribute 'TITLE'
I have not been able to duplicate this problem myself, but the plugin has some messy code to add its preferences to the Preferences>Output Options dialog. I have released a change that simplifies this and might prevent the error you are seeing. Let me know if the error still occurs with the new plugin version.

Version 1.12.1 - 02 Nov 2017

Attempt to prevent error in Preferences -> Output Options.
Old 11-03-2017, 01:03 PM   #290
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
If anybody want to experiment: Dev branch of KCC (CLI only) have now KFX output profile which can create EPUB file that can be used as input for this plugin.

All new KFX manga features are enabled.

Last edited by AcidWeb; 11-04-2017 at 07:20 PM.
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 11:38 PM   #291
arooni
Addict
arooni began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4 (2018)
Any idea when the 'fake' page numbers might be implemented? It's the last thing creating a distinction from my amazon purchased ebooks and my sideloaded ones. Thanks!
arooni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 07:28 AM   #292
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by arooni View Post
Any idea when the 'fake' page numbers might be implemented?
I am not going to commit to a date, but very likely before the end of November.
Old 11-06-2017, 03:17 PM   #293
arooni
Addict
arooni began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4 (2018)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
I am not going to commit to a date, but very likely before the end of November.
Even if it's ready by Christmas; it would be a great gift to the Kindle community. Thanks for all your hard work!
arooni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 09:50 AM   #294
Lady Stardust
User
Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iphone, Kindle 3, PW1/2/3, KOA1/2/3, Aura HD/One/, Kobo Forma
I am using KFX output and it's great, thank you!
I noticed one thing though, it seems that font ramp doesn't work with KFX (it works with same books in azw3 format). Is there any way I can enable the font ramp to work with KFX too?
Lady Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 10:09 AM   #295
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
Is there any way I can enable the font ramp to work with KFX too?
Sorry, no. Font ramp does not work with KFX format.
Old 11-21-2017, 09:53 AM   #296
Sara M.
Sara M. began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
kfx conversion error

Hello,
I intall kindle previewer 3.16, then I install the kfx plugin from Calibre.
I restart Calibre.

But when I convert ebook from epub to kfx I have un error:

Spoiler:
calibre, version 3.12.0
ERRORE: KFX conversion failed: Cannot convert Frankenstein
Conversion error: Kindle Previewer error: Error(YJEpubAdapter):E00601: Internal error occured. java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Users\Sara\AppData\Local\Amazon\Kindle Previewer 3\lib\fc\lib\shared.dll: Can't find dependent libraries

something is missing?

Sara
Attached Files
File Type: txt error_detail.txt (946.7 KB, 238 views)
Sara M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 11:05 AM   #297
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara M. View Post
But when I convert ebook from epub to kfx I have un error:

something is missing?
Thanks for the detailed error report. I haven't seen that error before, but it appears that a component of the Kindle Previewer is missing on your system.

You can try to open that Frankenstein book using the Kindle Previewer's user interface (outside of calibre) and see if it shows "Enhanced Typesetting: Supported". If not then something is wrong with the Previewer installation.

The most likely cause is anti-virus software incorrectly detecting one or more files as containing malware and quarantining them. Check your anti-virus software to see if this has occurred.

Otherwise, you could try removing and re-installing the Previewer.
Old 11-21-2017, 11:48 AM   #298
Sara M.

Thanks.

Quote:
You can try to open that Frankenstein book using the Kindle Previewer's user interface (outside of calibre) and see if it shows "Enhanced Typesetting: Supported".
I open Frankenstein book using the Kindle Previewer's user interface.
Waiting for conversion and then it open the book.

I'm not sure what means "Enhanced Typesetting" because I have italian version of kindle previewer. But I post the screenshot. Perhaps means "Composizione migliorata"?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KindlePreviewer.JPG
Views:	330
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	160162  
Old 11-21-2017, 01:30 PM   #299
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara M. View Post
I'm not sure what means "Enhanced Typesetting" because I have italian version of kindle previewer. But I post the screenshot. Perhaps means "Composizione migliorata"?
Yes. That appears to be working properly.

I do not know what could be causing it to fail when invoked by the KFX Output plugin. I will think about this some more and let you know if I have any ideas.
Old 11-22-2017, 05:21 AM   #300
Sara M.

I want try to unistall kindle previewer 3.16 and install version 3.15, pherhaps solves the problem, but I don't find it nowhere.

Please someone have a link for download version 3.15 for windows?

Sara

Last edited by Sara M.; 11-22-2017 at 05:36 AM.

Tags
kfx, linux, wine