Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-11-2020, 07:30 PM   #61
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Kindles have the same thing but for much longer.
Only Kindles with ads. None of my Kindles have ever had that "feature". The Nook has it, though.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 09:20 PM   #62
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
I have released NickelMenu v0.3.2 and the patches for 4.23.15505.

Last edited by geek1011; 08-11-2020 at 10:43 PM.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2020, 10:32 PM   #63
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Thank you! I've updated and patched my Clara!
ZodWallop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 10:38 PM   #64
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Thank you! I've updated and patched my Clara!
Oh, and speaking of patches, after I removed the top line on the tab bar, I think it looks quite a bit nicer and a lot less cluttered and squished. I now can't decide what I think of the new tab bar.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 10:39 PM   #65
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Aside from the icons at the at the bottom of the home screen, I see they also borrowed the 'stack by series' from Nook. I wish they would also borrow the 'stack by author' so that you wouldn't only have list view when looking at authors.

Also, when viewing series with cover view, I think maybe they should include the series name.
Advert
Old 08-11-2020, 10:47 PM   #66
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Oh, and speaking of patches, after I removed the top line on the tab bar, I think it looks quite a bit nicer and a lot less cluttered and squished. I now can't decide what I think of the new tab bar.
I think the two text links at the bottom need to go.
Old 08-12-2020, 04:11 AM   #67
jsessions
Enthusiast
jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo & Clara HD
Thanks for quick turnaround on patches/Nickelmenu update ~ I still prefer the old layout but at least the patches/NM make it bearable!

With the new layout is it possible to switch off/hide the new clock as I'd prefer to keep using miniclock ~ miniclock still works but you end up with two clocks on certain pages
jsessions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 04:14 AM   #68
djazz
Enthusiast
djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
They've also put the browser into this tiny pop-up window with quite a bit of padding.
Attached a screenshot for reference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calenorn View Post
Oooh! Is that a 'Developer Options' tab I see on the last photo? Is that standard now, or do you still need to search for 'devmodeon'?
devmodeon and the landscape button option carried over from last firmware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyOne View Post
Thanks for the screenshots!
You're welcome!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_7804.JPG
Views:	437
Size:	238.4 KB
ID:	181263  

Last edited by djazz; 08-12-2020 at 04:16 AM.
djazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 06:39 AM   #69
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsessions View Post
Thanks for quick turnaround on patches/Nickelmenu update ~ I still prefer the old layout but at least the patches/NM make it bearable!

With the new layout is it possible to switch off/hide the new clock as I'd prefer to keep using miniclock ~ miniclock still works but you end up with two clocks on certain pages
I think miniclock would need to be updated for 4.23.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 07:27 AM   #70
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
There's only one more mystery: What IS that 'Beta Features' icon?

a. a dunce cap
b. an upside-down funnel
c. a Gemini space capsule
d. an Erlenmeyer flask
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 07:34 AM   #71
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Obviously d, but I'm a chemist
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 07:38 AM   #72
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calenorn View Post
There's only one more mystery: What IS that 'Beta Features' icon?

a. a dunce cap
b. an upside-down funnel
c. a Gemini space capsule
d. an Erlenmeyer flask
Mystery? It was obvious to me, it's an Erlenmeyer flask (though I didn't remember the name). That fits with the beta or "experimental" nature.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 08:09 AM   #73
Cesco
Connoisseur
Cesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Aura 2-Aura H2O-K1-LibraH2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I think miniclock would need to be updated for 4.23.
still working with new fw.
Ciao
Cesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 11:16 AM   #74
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

I think by default, the new home screen is too cluttered.

I applied the patch to remove the bottom two text links from the home page. Previously using that made the home page look too sparse to me. But now it is much nicer.

I also increased the cover size on the home screen. That also looks better than it used to. Of course, it is also making my Nook home screen and my Kobo one look more and more alike.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KoboNook home screens.jpg
Views:	429
Size:	751.3 KB
ID:	181276  
Old 08-12-2020, 11:26 AM   #75
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
On An Island....

....based on comments so far, I think I'm alone on an island. I actually really like the changes in this update. C'est la vie!
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware, firmware release