Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-12-2020, 09:32 AM   #106
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2018 iPad Pro 12.9", KO2, Paperwhite 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by irkhamissimo View Post
Anyone use 2017 Oasis? I don't get any difference on new firmware 5.13.1. Still no darkmode.
I manually updated my 2nd gen Oasis.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 01:38 PM   #107
Shark69
Connoisseur
Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by irkhamissimo View Post
Anyone use 2017 Oasis? I don't get any difference on new firmware 5.13.1. Still no darkmode.
I've always done manual firmware update. If you want to get some new features, you have to reboot the device after updating with wifi activated.
As soon as the device start, you will have darkmode, for example.
Shark69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 03:28 PM   #108
tomsem
Wizard
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone XS, Kindle Paperwhite, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark69 View Post
I've always done manual firmware update. If you want to get some new features, you have to reboot the device after updating with wifi activated.
As soon as the device start, you will have darkmode, for example.
Unfortunately it is not that simple. I did manual update and rebooted several times and it still took many weeks for Dark Mode to show up on one of my 2 Paperwhites. I never use Airplane mode.

Last edited by tomsem; 08-12-2020 at 03:57 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:50 PM   #109
Richwood
Astronomy Nut
Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (All), Kobo (Multiple), Sony (most) and Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Read the rest of that description. There has long been a very basic progress bar as part of the Page Flip feature, which takes a couple of taps to get to.

They are apparently going to add dots (they call waypoints) to that indicating recent page jumps so that you can go back to previous locations. The Kindle apps for iOS and Android have had that for a while.
I rarely if ever use page flip. I want the progress bar back as a choice offered as part of the Aa Reading Progress menu.

I note that this update is implemented for the Voyage reader but not for the PW3! Hardware limitations? I have a PW3 Manga with 32 GB that I got on Woot some time back. Weren't the PW3 and Voyage introduced about the same time?
Richwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:44 PM   #110
tomsem
Wizard
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone XS, Kindle Paperwhite, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richwood View Post
I rarely if ever use page flip. I want the progress bar back as a choice offered as part of the Aa Reading Progress menu.

I note that this update is implemented for the Voyage reader but not for the PW3! Hardware limitations? I have a PW3 Manga with 32 GB that I got on Woot some time back. Weren't the PW3 and Voyage introduced about the same time?
Upthread this is some evidence that some PW3’s have gotten 5.13.1 (but no MobileRead users yet). But if it isn’t available for download, I am not sure what to make of this report.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote