Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-08-2020, 11:02 PM   #16
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
In that case, why bother extracting the ISBN? The metadata source plugins work as @thiago.eec said in their first response. If the library already has an ISBN it will be used, but, if there is none, or the ISBN isn't found on the source site, the title and author will be used. I don't really find that having the ISBN helps the accuracy that much.

And for curiosity, I ran Extract ISBN across 50 books that I already had an ISBN for. The plugin didn't find an ISBN in 27 of them. So, I'd be wasting my time for half the books in my library. I find that having the correct title and author is enough to find the book.
Sorry for my part in the misunderstanding. I don't deliberately change an ebook ISBN to pbook isbn. I'm saying that if a book doesn't have an ISBN in the ISBN field, I'd go with a pback ISBN.
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote