Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 04-20-2022, 09:08 PM   #1
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
What are you reading on your Kobo? Share a photo!

Let’s see what you’re reading lately! From a photo worthy of Instagram to a simple snapshot, or even a screen shot of a cherished passage, let’s start discussions based on photos, iOS & Android apps included. (Keep the images small to keep the mods happy.) I’d like to see how people use their Kobos. What they like to read, what cases they use, where they like to bring their Kobos, etc. Are you curious, too?

Book discussions are welcome. Heck, any discussion based on the photo are welcome. Let’s have some fun. I’ll start off.

This is Cryptocurrency Investing for Dummies, which has been dumbed down way too much for me and lacks the cheeky wit that earlier books in this series had. I’m reading it on my Elipsa and marking it heavily. I’m encountering some stuff I didn’t know, though, so it’s been worthwhile.

Click image for larger version

Name:	71ffb0ab4b269ab9183bcaa881ab5270.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	193397

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by Cootey; 04-21-2022 at 06:52 PM.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 09:13 PM   #2
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Bottom-Tier Tomozaki-kun on my Clara HD. I’ve been in a Japanese Light Novel kick lately. This one’s premise is that you can game life like a video game. If only life was so easy.

Name:	7d51a2726af0a9a216f4497a40d07aea.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	193398

Last edited by issybird; 04-21-2022 at 10:00 AM.
Advert
Old 04-20-2022, 09:17 PM   #3
Cootey
Absentminded Reader

The King of Elfland’s Daughter by Lord Dunsany

Name:	b348aac160c76178ca0f433dc30bb6ac.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	193399

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_...#39;s_Daughter

This one took me a while to get through. The story meandered, but the prose was gorgeous. I kept coming back to it, sipping it in small doses.

Last edited by issybird; 04-21-2022 at 10:03 AM.
Old 04-20-2022, 10:05 PM   #4
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
These are books in my Storygraph "Currently Reading" signature link below at the time of typing this

Name:	C0b5KSLl.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	193400
A Christie-esque Golden Age style murder mystery set in Ooty.

Name:	A0CzTSfl.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	193401
Bought in September 2019, part of my current campaign to actually READ (or least check) all the books I've bought since switching to Kobo 4 years ago.

Name:	wfgumVJl.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	193402
This one's a bit more time-consuming because the author is VERY insistent "listen first, then read", so I need to find the time to check out the pieces he discusses before reading his analysis

Last edited by issybird; 04-21-2022 at 10:12 AM.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 10:24 PM   #5
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
Spoiler:
These are books in my Storygraph "Currently Reading" signature link below at the time of typing this

A Christie-esque Golden Age style murder mystery set in Ooty.

Bought in September 2019, part of my current campaign to actually READ (or least check) all the books I've bought since switching to Kobo 4 years ago.

This one's a bit more time-consuming because the author is VERY insistent "listen first, then read", so I need to find the time to check out the pieces he discusses before reading his analysis
Still haven't removed that old screen protector, I see. Ye gods. I get a toothache every time I have to look at it in your photos.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2022, 10:46 PM   #6
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Still haven't removed that old screen protector, I see. Ye gods. I get a toothache every time I have to look at it in your photos.
My work here is done.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 11:02 PM   #7
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cootey View Post
The King of Elfland’s Daughter by Lord Dunsany
This has to be the cutest little Kobo that ever was, or you have huge hands, or the scale is really weird.

Last edited by issybird; 04-21-2022 at 10:04 AM.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 11:49 PM   #8
Cootey
Absentminded Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
This has to be the cutest little Kobo that ever was, or you have huge hands, or the scale is really weird.

Haha I’m not sure what to say. My hands are large but not *that* large. It’s just a Kobo Clara. Maybe the filter warped it a bit. 🤷🏻*♂️

Old 04-21-2022, 12:14 AM   #9
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Just posting the covers from the last 5 books I've read.

Name:	Harbinger.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	400.0 KB
ID:	193391Click image for larger version

Name:	Into the Real.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	408.2 KB
ID:	193387Click image for larger version

Name:	Grantville Gazette, Volume 100.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	296.6 KB
ID:	193389Click image for larger version

Name:	Podkayne of Mars.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	403.4 KB
ID:	193390Click image for larger version

Name:	The Darkness Within Box Set.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	487.0 KB
ID:	193388
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 04:09 AM   #10
Cootey
Absentminded Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post

That’s an interesting concept, though! I may seek that one out.

Last edited by issybird; 04-21-2022 at 10:04 AM.
Old 04-21-2022, 04:11 AM   #11
Cootey
Absentminded Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
What changes were made in the original published version that Heinlein disliked?

Old 04-21-2022, 08:38 AM   #12
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cootey View Post
What changes were made in the original published version that Heinlein disliked?
Spoiler for a 60 year old novel:
Spoiler:
Podkayne lived.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 09:57 AM   #13
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
C’mon, people, read the guidelines. There’s a size limit on images of 600x600 pixels. I’ll downsize the ones above, but from now on, I’m just going to delete them. Also, posts about books belong in this forum. Thanks.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 06:25 PM   #14
Cootey
Absentminded Reader

What are you reading? Share a photo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
C’mon, people, read the guidelines. There’s a size limit on images of 600x600 pixels. I’ll downsize the ones above, but from now on, I’m just going to delete them. Also, posts about books belong in this forum. Thanks.
Odd. As far as I can see (using Safari on my iMac) all the pictures have been deleted, but they show up in Tapatalk.

Using Tapatalk, even the smallest setting runs afoul of the guideline because although the width is within the guidelines, the vertical aspect of all readers and phones will cause the length of the picture to dangle over your size limit. And my apologies for that. It wasn't my intention to give you more work to do. I wish your software gave size warnings. If it does, then perhaps the problem is Tapatalk, which happily posts photos no matter how large they are. I'm not sure what software the other posters were using.

However, I take issue with the post being moved here. I had intended for it to be a showcase of what we read on Kobos. By moving it here, it’s become a general reader post, which I'm sure there are plenty already in existence. I understand I can't police what people post in here, but is it alright to change the title to be Kobo-centric? I tried to change the topic to "What are you reading on your Kobo? Share a photo!", but it only sticks for my first post, not the thread. If it's too much work to edit the main thread's title, perhaps you should just delete this entire discussion. I'll have to start over. :|

Last edited by Cootey; 04-21-2022 at 06:54 PM.
Old 04-21-2022, 06:46 PM   #15
Cootey
Absentminded Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Spoiler for a 60 year old novel:
Spoiler:
Podkayne lived.

I have a friend nicknamed from this book (Fenchurch) IIRC, but I’ve never read it, although I’ve read quite a lot of Heinlein. I never heard of this controversy before. I’ll have to read the book now!