Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-16-2022, 07:28 PM   #271
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
My wife lists me as her contact in case of emergency and the doctor's offices still call me instead of her.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 09:28 PM   #272
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
My wife lists me as her contact in case of emergency and the doctor's offices still call me instead of her.
Apache
Nevermind. Misread the roles.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 07:37 AM   #273
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little.Egret View Post
https://thesmsworks.co.uk/sending-text-landline

https://www.bt.com/help/landline/all-about-bt-text-
send text messages from your home phone, you will need a text-enabled phone and an enabled telephone line. To view text messages on your text-enabled phone, you'll need Caller Display. If you don't have Caller Display you'll receive text messages as voice messages. If you haven't registered for the service, you will also receive text messages as voice messages.
Sadly not available at all in some countries and not even some exchanges in UK.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 09:05 AM   #274
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Back on stuff that never happens in real life....

Meet cute(s).

What the holy hell does that even mean, anyway? People meet or they don't. The rest? Meh.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 10:45 AM   #275
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Back on stuff that never happens in real life....

Meet cute(s).

What the holy hell does that even mean, anyway? People meet or they don't. The rest? Meh.

Hitch
You mean you didn't meet your significant other in some improbable silly situation?
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 01:36 PM   #276
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
I met her at a kind of club dinner in a hotel. She'd come with someone else, but they'd not spoken for a week. She was keen to talk to me as I was the only alternative. I'm rubbish at small talk or casual dinner conversation. So I described something I knew.
"How come you know so much about this hotel?" she asked eventually.
Probably bored and wanted to stop me.
"My mum's the manager."
I realised by this time it wasn't the time to mention that I'd known the receptionist for about fifteen years, she having been the girl next door for nine of them from when I was about six.
Anyway turned out I wasn't as boring as her companion. It was the last time she saw him.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 02:55 PM   #277
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
I tell people that my wife picked me up at the Cincinnati Airport.
It is true. We both worked for the same company traveling all over the US. She picked me up there and we drove to Rhode Island. We have been together ever since.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 11:29 PM   #278
catsknit
Addict
catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Samsung tablet, Kobo Libra, InkPad 3 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
I remember the TV show Dexter, which I liked. Dexter used an injection of a veterinary drug to knock out his victims. Instant collapse and an hour or so later they woke up without any bad consequences, not even feeling sick. And that happened not once or twice, but basically in every episode. You'd think that one of them would have died at least, or not collapsed at all. Nope. Like a clockwork.
That's one of my pet peeves. I am a veterinarian and use injectable drugs daily to anesthetize patients. But injecting into a muscle, the drugs take 5-10 min to work. In most TV/movies/books, people stick a needle into someone's neck muscle and they are instantly collapsing. Nope, doesn't happen like that. intravenous will give you that quick knockdown but that requires restraint to find the vein.
catsknit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 11:31 PM   #279
catsknit
Addict
catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Samsung tablet, Kobo Libra, InkPad 3 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobnail View Post
Reminds me of Lord of the Rings where they hardly ever ate. Stuff going in and stuff coming out seems to be overlooked in a lot of books.
But....but... what about second breakfast??

edited - oops, see that line's already been done. Shoulda read ahead

Last edited by catsknit; 04-20-2022 at 12:10 AM. Reason: updating
catsknit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 09:44 AM   #280
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobnail View Post
Reminds me of Lord of the Rings where they hardly ever ate. Stuff going in and stuff coming out seems to be overlooked in a lot of books.
Ever read Watership Down? The rabbits often 'silflay' and then pass 'hraka'. Then, close to the end,
Spoiler:
one character tells another to 'silflay hraka.'
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 04:16 PM   #281
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many Android devices, Kindle 2, Toshiba e755 PocketPC
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Ever read Watership Down? The rabbits often 'silflay' and then pass 'hraka'. Then, close to the end,
Spoiler:
one character tells another to 'silflay hraka.'
It's been almost 40 years since I last read that book and I barely remember even broad plot points, but for some reason the word "hrududu" for a tractor has stuck with me.
Difflugia is offline   Reply With Quote