Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-14-2022, 05:19 PM   #1
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Firmware 4.32.19501

Firmware 4.32.19501 has been released.

Automatically posted by kfwproxy.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 05:43 PM   #2
rtiangha
Evangelist
rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Release Notes

Kobo Store Improvements
  • eBooks in the store now include an estimate of how long they typically take to read. Tap on the Details tab to see word count, number of pages, and estimated reading time.
  • You can now scroll the eBooks storefront to see books related to what you’ve recently read, new releases, and other featured lists.
  • Your Wishlist is now more easily accessible from the Kobo Store homepage.

Notebook Improvements
  • New notebooks will use your most recent pen settings as default
  • Selected blocks in the Advanced Notebook will show a menu with Convert/Edit, Copy, Paste and Delete options.
  • The Basic Notebook now has an improved stylus response speed.

General Improvements
  • Toolbar icons now show a selected circle to make it clearer when they are pressed.
  • Better alignment for VIP price icons in the store.

Bug Fixes
  • Highlights no longer disappear when editing a note.
  • Enabled filtering of highlights and notes.
  • Resolved a font rendering issue with sideloaded EPUBs that caused crashes.
rtiangha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 05:48 PM   #3
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
It's not listed, but I wonder if there's been any changes to fix the dirty unmount/db corruption bug. I'll wait a bit before trying an upgrade.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 04-14-2022 at 05:52 PM.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 06:06 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
I tried a series of ~50 mounts/dismounts while paging through a kepub ebook and no hangs. I did get one dirty bit set so wanting to check the drive popup.

The supplementary font popup when I was reading a kepub with some glyphs that weren't in the font I was using was rather nice to see.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 06:13 PM   #5
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
The supplementary font popup when I was reading a kepub with some glyphs that weren't in the font I was using was rather nice to see.
Oh, this might be enough to convince me to upgrade right away. A fanfic I'm reading uses a lot of uncommon Unicode characters (conlangs ) and it often comes out looking weird.
Old 04-14-2022, 06:25 PM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Oh, this might be enough to convince me to upgrade right away. A fanfic I'm reading uses a lot of uncommon Unicode characters (conlangs ) and it often comes out looking weird.
I added Code2000 to my font collection for those times when an odd glyph is needed. Not the prettiest but better than an empty box.
Old 04-14-2022, 06:27 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I'll wait for the patches and then give 4.32.19501 a go.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 06:47 PM   #8
Rid
Groupie
Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Aura HD (R.I.P.) :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtiangha View Post
Release Notes[*]eBooks in the store now include an estimate of how long they typically take to read. Tap on the Details tab to see word count, number of pages, and estimated reading time.
Thats a great change. No more spending a lot of money to find out it is only a short story.....

The target audience would be a welcome addition as well.
Rid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 06:52 PM   #9
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
Quote:
I tried a series of ~50 mounts/dismounts while paging through a kepub ebook and no hangs. I did get one dirty bit set so wanting to check the drive popup.
How does this compare with similar treatment under 4.31?
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 07:17 PM   #10
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calenorn View Post
How does this compare with similar treatment under 4.31?
With 4.31, I could manage 3-4 issues with 50 mount/dismount cycles.
Old 04-14-2022, 07:21 PM   #11
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
Quote:
With 4.31, I could manage 3-4 issues with 50 mount/dismount cycles.
That's hopeful. Many thanks.
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 07:34 PM   #12
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Upgraded. I connected with a kepub open and didn't get the scan&fix prompt. Fingers crossed...
Old 04-14-2022, 07:39 PM   #13
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Upgraded. I connected with a kepub open and didn't get the scan&fix prompt. Fingers crossed...
Nice.

I will update when the patches are out. Can't do without them.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 07:40 PM   #14
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

The only one I use is the kepub/epub font size fix but I can wait on those. (Of course, it helps that I'm not reading any epubs at the moment.)
Old 04-14-2022, 07:58 PM   #15
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Nice.

I will update when the patches are out. Can't do without them.
Likewise, they get me more lines per page which has always been nice to take advantage of the bigger screens of the Kobo devices.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware, firmware release