Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 04-07-2023, 07:39 AM   #1
heomeco2014
heomeco2014 began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars TD-80
Unhappy Likebook Mars TD-80 Screen flickering randomly

I've bought this one second-hand from one guy on Facebook almost a year ago. Recently it has this very awful problem with the screen.
Whenever I'm reading something, the screen start to went dark and darker, showing a while line in the middle, and i need to push the refresh button but after that it will keep went dark again and again. I have a video showing what I mean to you guys
Sorry for my bad English.
I have tried to factory reset it, but it did nothing, seem like a screen problem to me. After a few months I left it there and not touching it, it may working for about 1 to 2 normally and then the problem started to kick in again !
Anyone expericence problem just like me ? Please show me how to fix this, much appreciate
Below is the video that show the error. I hope you guy can watch and show me how to fix this problem
https://vnchess-my.sharepoint.com/:v...TeAvg?e=97k2RV
heomeco2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 12:31 AM   #2
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Which Android is on the device?
I don't know about the vertical stripe.
The flickering is the normal refresh
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2023, 05:56 PM   #3
heomeco2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
Which Android is on the device?
I don't know about the vertical stripe.
The flickering is the normal refresh
It's on Android 8.1 (lastest since 2021 I guess)

I've been waiting for it to happen again sice I don't read regularly. It's today it happened again. This video is exactly how it went slowly dark and darker.
And in the start, as you can see, the screen is all white except for the vertical stripe.
Video:https://youtube.com/shorts/RGDaYnQswDM

Last edited by heomeco2014; 04-09-2023 at 06:01 PM.
Old 04-10-2023, 02:36 AM   #4
bazz2004
Groupie
bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.

Device: Boyue Alita
The battery level is at 38%. Try giving it a full charge. I'm not a fan of Boyue devices but use mine regularly to get my money's worth. Battery life is good unless wifi is on. I recharge the battery before it reaches 75-80%. It may have nothing to do with the problem but it's worth a shot.
bazz2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2023, 03:34 AM   #5
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heomeco2014 View Post
This video is exactly how it went slowly dark and darker.
And in the start, as you can see, the screen is all white except for the vertical stripe.
Does it also happen when connected to power supply?
Advert
Old 04-11-2023, 10:00 AM   #6
heomeco2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
Does it also happen when connected to power supply?
Yeah it does happen when connected to power supply. I tried to charge it to full charge and it still got that error so randomly. And the duration time increase more and more. At first it happened for around 1 to 2 min, now it's around 5min of that and repeat a whole lot
Old 04-11-2023, 10:07 AM   #7
heomeco2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazz2004 View Post
The battery level is at 38%. Try giving it a full charge. I'm not a fan of Boyue devices but use mine regularly to get my money's worth. Battery life is good unless wifi is on. I recharge the battery before it reaches 75-80%. It may have nothing to do with the problem but it's worth a shot.
Thank for your recommendation. I tried it and the screen still went dark just like in the video
Old 04-12-2023, 12:39 AM   #8
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by heomeco2014 View Post
Yeah it does happen when connected to power supply.
On video I see it in a cover.
Does it happen, when removed?

Edit: EInk only changes if something affects the magnetically sensitive beads in the module - this can be caused by the electronics in the device, or by external influences; Eg in direct sunlight for a certain series in the 7.8 inch Wacom module.

Last edited by ottischwenk; 04-12-2023 at 02:53 AM.
Old 04-12-2023, 07:29 AM   #9
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Maybe there is a bad connection on thr ribbon cable to panel or an IC on PCB.
Quote:
EInk only changes if something affects the magnetically sensitive beads in the module
Electrically, not magnetic. But yes, if the panel is disconnected it shows the last image for years, maybe longer.

So the issue is the electronics or a bad connection, not the panel. If the panel has a crack (physical damage) then there are lines and/or part of the screen never changes.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 07:43 AM   #10
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Electrically, not magnetic.
Electricity provides the magnetism that moves the beads.
But there can also be other causes.
Quote:
Maybe there is a bad connection on thr ribbon cable to panel or an IC on PCB.
That would mean an immediate change - not the slow darkening.
This reminds me a lot of the sun bug in the Boox Nova 2 or in the Likebook Ares - 7.8 Wacom layer.

Last edited by ottischwenk; 04-12-2023 at 07:48 AM.

Tags
boyue, flickering screen, likebook, screen