Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 10-06-2019, 10:03 PM   #1
jjalvo
jjalvo began at the beginning.

Device: ipad mini 4 & iphone xr
Red face [IOS] Can No Longer Sort By Author

Hi There, Thanks for letting me join your group. I'm a long time user of CC and haven't had any problems until the last few months. I can no longer sort my books by author, only by the first letter if their name.

The other issue I have is that occasionally when I tap on a book to look at it's details, CC will close.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I might be able to fix these issues? Thanks.
jjalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 06:32 AM   #2
GijsH1953
GijsH1953 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad air 2
Hallo there, i have the same problem with sorting in groups. All the books disapeard in Groups. i thought i find the solution to import all the books again from Calibre and it's works. Problem solveld!! Then i delete a book from CC the app (on a Ipad air2) closed and after starting up all the books desaperd again from Groups.
GijsH1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2019, 05:26 PM   #3
tas03
Zealot
tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Nook Glowlight +, Nook Tab. , Nook Simple Touch, iPad Air, iPhone 6Se
GijsH1953 - I have had the same sort of thing. It seems like every time I look at groups there is a different number of books in each category on mu iPad. Fortunately groups still work on my iPhone so when I am ready for a new book and I am not home I have to look at my phone, pick the book, search for the author on the iPad because searching still does not completely work.
tas03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 04:36 AM   #4
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Yea, I've been running into the same issue. I think the issue is triggered if you try to connect and download books in two different ways, at least that what triggered it for me on my iPad mini. My solution is to remove the app, re-install the app, then download all the books again.

We all know that the current release got put out by mistake and for some reason the person who took over the project is having trouble finding developers to fix the problems. It's a very unfortunate situation. I wish we could somehow roll back to the previous release, which at least seemed to be stable.

Until these bugs get fixed, I guess the thing to do is don't do things that trigger the bugs. I've confirmed that one behavior that triggers the issue is
1) download most of the books via wireless.
2) then download a few via content server
3) delete a book downloaded via content server

so, now I've got both my devices more or less working correctly, I'm just going to make sure I only use wireless to download my books. I use content server when I've loaded some new books into Calibre, but don't have my iPad by the computer.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 10:11 AM   #5
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro 2018, Lg 8.3, Ipad Mini 5, Nexus7.2, Note 8, Kobo Aura 1
Thank you so very much! This is so very helpful. I can now use CC again, not as great as before, but still usable. I deleted CC, reinstalled, copied books from Calibre using wireless, and I can find them in the author's list again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
Yea, I've been running into the same issue. I think the issue is triggered if you try to connect and download books in two different ways, at least that what triggered it for me on my iPad mini. My solution is to remove the app, re-install the app, then download all the books again.

We all know that the current release got put out by mistake and for some reason the person who took over the project is having trouble finding developers to fix the problems. It's a very unfortunate situation. I wish we could somehow roll back to the previous release, which at least seemed to be stable.

Until these bugs get fixed, I guess the thing to do is don't do things that trigger the bugs. I've confirmed that one behavior that triggers the issue is
1) download most of the books via wireless.
2) then download a few via content server
3) delete a book downloaded via content server

so, now I've got both my devices more or less working correctly, I'm just going to make sure I only use wireless to download my books. I use content server when I've loaded some new books into Calibre, but don't have my iPad by the computer.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert