Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 10-13-2012, 08:58 PM   #1
MrDoug
Banned
MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad - Kobo Glo - Nook Glo - Samsung Galaxy Note II
I need help and suggestions.. :)

I just bought a NEW Nexus 7 which I like.. however I just saw (maybe kinda late) that the new iPad Mini is coming Oct 23.. I now have 10 days to return the Nexus 7.. or should I wait for the iPad Mini or keep my Nexus 7? .. Bottom line.. keep Nexus 7 and forget iPad Mini, or return Nexus 7 and get iPad Mini.. or keep Nexus 7 and buy iPad mini and sell the one I like the least..? I have Nook Glo for Books, but like the Color Tablets for Magazines and Newspapers.. I am very up in the Air.. Very sick person here that doesn't know what to do..
Thanks,
Doug.

Last edited by MrDoug; 10-13-2012 at 09:29 PM.
MrDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:59 PM   #2
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDoug View Post
I just bought a NEW Nexus 7 which I like.. however I just saw (maybe kinda late) that the new iPad Mini is coming Oct 23.. I now have 10 days to return the Nexus 7.. or should I wait for the iPad Mini or keep my Nexus 7? .. Bottom line.. keep Nexus 7 and forget iPad Mini, or return Nexus 7 and get iPad Mini.. or keep Nexus 7 and buy iPad mini and sell the one I like the least..? I have Nook Glo for Books, but like the Color Tablets for Magazines and Newspapers.. I am very up in the Air..
Thanks,
Doug.
Expect the iPad mini to cost at least $399.-. If that is no problem for you, then choose whatever you prefer, iOS or Android.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2012, 09:13 PM   #3
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
If you have any doubts about keeping the Nexus, return it.
You can always buy another later, no?
Buyer's regret can be long-term painful.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:31 PM   #4
MrDoug
Banned
MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
Expect the iPad mini to cost at least $399.-. If that is no problem for you, then choose whatever you prefer, iOS or Android.
Rumors kinda had the iPad Mini at $299.. but you could be right.. and probably are..
Old 10-13-2012, 09:36 PM   #5
MrDoug
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
If you have any doubts about keeping the Nexus, return it.
You can always buy another later, no?
Buyer's regret can be long-term painful.
Yes.. you are right.. I forgot to mention I have GAS (Gear Acquiring Syndrome).. trying to look for a cure..
Doug

Last edited by MrDoug; 10-13-2012 at 09:42 PM.
Advert
Old 10-13-2012, 11:06 PM   #6
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Hi, I have the Nexus 7 and the iPad 3 (this comment is intended to prove that I am not a fangirl of a specific camp).
The Nexus 7 has a much better screen resolution than what the iPad Mini is rumored to have, but until 10/23, we won't know for sure. This in itself would hinder me from chosing the iPad Mini or whatever its official name will be (I rather suspect it will be iNewt or iNote) over the Nexus 7.
I like my Nexus 7 and really only bought it because I also have a bad case of GAS, and I don't use it nearly as often as my iPad, which is literally attached to my hip. I usually use my iPad for surfing because I prefer the larger screen.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:12 AM   #7
MrDoug
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Hi, I have the Nexus 7 and the iPad 3 (this comment is intended to prove that I am not a fangirl of a specific camp).
The Nexus 7 has a much better screen resolution than what the iPad Mini is rumored to have, but until 10/23, we won't know for sure. This in itself would hinder me from chosing the iPad Mini or whatever its official name will be (I rather suspect it will be iNewt or iNote) over the Nexus 7.
I like my Nexus 7 and really only bought it because I also have a bad case of GAS, and I don't use it nearly as often as my iPad, which is literally attached to my hip. I usually use my iPad for surfing because I prefer the larger screen.
Thanks,.. I think I will keep it.. but looking for cover.. any suggestions?
Old 10-14-2012, 01:19 PM   #8
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDoug View Post
Thanks,.. I think I will keep it.. but looking for cover.. any suggestions?
I use a really cute Nook Color sleeve, since I am not as concerned about breaking it as with my iPad, which has a real cover around it. It is bright orange inside and hot pink on the outside, so probably not quite what you are looking for
Old 10-14-2012, 01:54 PM   #9
MrDoug
Banned

Quote:
I use a really cute Nook Color sleeve, since I am not as concerned about breaking it as with my iPad, which has a real cover around it. It is bright orange inside and hot pink on the outside, so probably not quite what you are looking for
I need something that also has a back brace that lets it rest at a 45 degree angle in Landscape positon.. I have one for my iPad.. where did you buy your Nook sleeve? I should take my Nexus down to B&N store and see if any of theres will fit .. they may not appreciate that though..
Old 10-14-2012, 02:01 PM   #10
xendula
eBookworm

No, for the 360 ones, search for "nexus leather 360" on ebay and amazon. I have seen a whole bunch of them there. I use this type of case for my iPad,this one is from ebay, the last one from amazon: same quality, all Chinese :S
Old 10-14-2012, 02:45 PM   #11
MrDoug
Banned

Quote:
No, for the 360 ones, search for "nexus leather 360" on ebay and amazon. I have seen a whole bunch of them there. I use this type of case for my iPad,this one is from ebay, the last one from amazon: same quality, all Chinese :S
did you add link.. if so I missed it.. thanks ----
Old 10-14-2012, 08:19 PM   #12
xendula
eBookworm

No, I don't have a link; you'll have to do a search for "nexus leather 360".
Old 10-14-2012, 08:36 PM   #13
MrDoug
Banned

Quote:
No, I don't have a link; you'll have to do a search for "nexus leather 360".
Yes.. I did search.. lots of good options.. thanks for the info.. great deals as well compared to Brick and Mortar stores..
Doug