Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: "Man, that was lame!" Scale
1: Not lame at all, you jackass. It rocked! 0 0%
2: It was well executed. 0 0%
3: Some flaws, but quite good on the whole. 1 33.33%
4: I've seen worse... 0 0%
5: I don't have much of an opinion, so just thought I'd straddle the line by choosing the middle ground like a wimp. 0 0%
6: Some good parts, but the flaws outweigh them. 0 0%
7: That was pretty bad. Predictable, weak writing, and too hastily resolved. A very weak end to a weak season. 1 33.33%
8: Calling it "lame" is a gross understatement. 0 0%
9: Good God, how am I ever going to get that 31 minutes of my life back?? 0 0%
10: If my alternative was to get punched in the groin for 31 minutes, I might consider re-watching the episode. *Might* 1 33.33%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-12-2011, 05:08 PM   #1
afa
The Forgotten
afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; Nook HD; Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
So... Entourage...

What did everyone think of the finale?

On a "Man, that was lame!" scale of 1 to 10, where do you think it ranks?

For the moment, I'll go with a 7, but it's possible this figure could climb over time as I think back on it some more.
afa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:13 PM   #2
afa
The Forgotten
afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Come on!

You expect me to believe none of you watch Entourage?

LIARS! You're all liars!
Advert
Old 09-13-2011, 01:52 PM   #3
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
What on earth IS Entourage? Not only do I not watch it, my only clues to what it might be come from your post. From this I learn that:
  • It's about 30 minutes long.
  • It has a season finale.
  • One watches it (presumably on a TV).
Given these hints, I suspect that it may be a current TV show.

Hence, my answer to your question:

I don't think of the finale. At all. Nor do I think of the show. It fails to appear anywhere on my mental or cultural radar.

Xenophon
(Online curmudgeon of the first order. )
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:11 PM   #4
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenophon View Post
[*]One watches it (presumably on a TV).
What's a TV?
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:28 PM   #5
cfo
Connoisseur
cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KSO, iPhone4
Quote:
What on earth IS Entourage? Not only do I not watch it, my only clues to what it might be come from your post. From this I learn that:

I don't think of the finale. At all. Nor do I think of the show. It fails to appear anywhere on my mental or cultural radar.

Xenophon
You were better off not posting anything at all in this thread, friend.

Or, a simple "Get off my lawn!" would've been a more appropriate response from you.

cfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2011, 02:35 PM   #6
afa
The Forgotten

Quote:
What on earth IS Entourage?
It is a group of people attending or surrounding an important person. It's origins are from the mid-19th century; French, from entourer, meaning 'to surround'.

You didn't know this..?
Old 09-13-2011, 04:14 PM   #7
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.

All I know is that she's in it - not sure there is much more to be said.
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:24 PM   #8
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by afa View Post
Come on!

You expect me to believe none of you watch Entourage?

LIARS! You're all liars!
Actually I don't. I've never seen a single episode.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 01:18 AM   #9
afa
The Forgotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGS View Post

All I know is that she's in it - not sure there is much more to be said.
Umm... there should be.

I'm not sure I get your point? Is she famous? I admit I've never seen her outside of the show.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:58 AM   #10
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Never heard of it. When I saw the title of the thread, I'm such a geek I thought you were talking about the Entourage Edge.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 02:29 AM   #11
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:

Xenophon
My first thought was about the e-ink/lcd device... But from reading this post, I assumed it was a tv show...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 04:38 PM   #12
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
What's a TV?
It's one of those boxes we watched the moon landing on back in '69. I remember having one for a few years in the early to mid 90's.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 11:34 PM   #13
TDF
Enthusiast
TDF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TDF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TDF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TDF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TDF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TDF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TDF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TDF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TDF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TDF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TDF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Sony PRS-505 (mostly RIP)
3 for me. It was one of those very light, yet very enjoyable TV shows. Didn't expect much from it, but surprisingly it was never disappointing. The ending was too abrupt though and they could've probably wrapped everything up in the last season.
TDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 08:11 AM   #14
afa
The Forgotten

Or two seasons ago, for that matter.