Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-23-2013, 09:42 AM   #451
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
okay. re the gameboy... that is because the SAVE location is set to TMP? I think?

Will check that. perhaps a more solid location could be found (I will HAVE to check that)

mc could probably be "spooned" in there... please provide LINKS to things you want me to look at. (the kindle versions)

busybox already runs on the kindles - if you are asking - "Can I have a newer busybox?" most certainly... and I feel this is a likely addition to the upcoming /system section...

Hope that helps
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:50 AM   #452
n3rd4i
n3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to behold

Device: Amazon Kindle Keyboard
MC, Terminal, Chess for KUAL K3 (keyboard)

Here are the links:

Kindle Chess:
Post: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...90&postcount=1
File: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=152815

Midnight commander:
Post: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...3&postcount=24
File: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/att...3&d=1291144765

Kindle Terminal myts:
Post: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...60&postcount=1
File: http://my.svgalib.org/kindle/myts-6.zip

Is there a posibility to implement some of this on KUAL ?
n3rd4i is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2013, 10:50 AM   #453
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3rd4i View Post
right...

will have look!

thanks

EDIT: hmm...

MYTS:

I seem to recall that is not the latest version of myts. Matan built me (Us) a new one IIRC. will dig for it.

Also I was hoping to replace myts with kterm for all devices but in the interim I will have a play ASAP

KINDLE CHESS: I will have to think about that one...
assuming everyone is using the follwing version I will have a go...
https://code.google.com/p/k3chess/do...b-qtKindle.zip

MC:
will have to check that myts can be started with "an argument to run stuff"
sort of recall that it couldn't but I am probably wrong

Will play : D

Last edited by twobob; 02-23-2013 at 10:55 AM.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:56 AM   #454
n3rd4i
n3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to behold

Regarding myts

Sorry i found that there is a new version of terminal:

Terminal 8:
Post: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=115
File: http://my.svgalib.org/kindle/myts-8.zip

Also, the terminal should have posibility to run script, after entering console mode. I whould like to enter console and then execute MC.
Is this possible?
Old 02-23-2013, 10:59 AM   #455
twobob

Read the Edited post above.

We had the same thoughts more or less.
Advert
Old 02-23-2013, 02:56 PM   #456
twobob

RIGHT!!!! finally some time to re-test the latest KUAL update.

RESERVED THIS SPACE
Old 02-23-2013, 03:02 PM   #457
n3rd4i

can't wait this KUAL update

sounds good,
I hope the updates will include older versions like K3
and the rectangle menu

Edit:
I will also be a tester for K3 platform if this is required.
And and dont know very much of programming on linux, but i learn fast and i sure wanna help this platform.
I posted my request for beta KDK but i have no acceptance (

Last edited by n3rd4i; 02-23-2013 at 03:04 PM.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:15 PM   #458
twobob

Quote:
sounds good,
I hope the updates will include older versions like K3
and the rectangle menu

Edit:
I will also be a tester for K3 platform if this is required.
And and dont know very much of programming on linux, but i learn fast and i sure wanna help this platform.
I posted my request for beta KDK but i have no acceptance (
Update is for all versions... always is.

rectangles are "on the pile" for after the features that we are currently introducing get fixed.

always happy to have more people on the team... THUS go dig around and see if you can dig up the styling info for me on the BUTTONS...

amazon host the docs. I will try to find a link for you...

KDK. forget it.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:24 PM   #459
n3rd4i

Kindlet buttons

I've found this article:
whould it do any help?

http://kdk-javadocs.s3.amazonaws.com...i/KButton.html
Old 02-23-2013, 03:43 PM   #460
twobob

Quote:
I've found this article:
whould it do any help?

http://kdk-javadocs.s3.amazonaws.com...i/KButton.html
that is the one nice work...

but sadly...

I dont yet see a way to mangle that to be "square"...
Old 02-23-2013, 04:05 PM   #461
n3rd4i

Well the buttons for paper white can be used on older version compatible with kindlet?

like:

Spoiler:

?

i see that there is a line for configuring the buttons:

void setBounds(int x, int y, int width, int height)
Can this be of use?

Last edited by n3rd4i; 02-23-2013 at 04:07 PM.
Old 02-23-2013, 04:09 PM   #462
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Well the buttons for paper white can be used on older version compatible with kindlet?

like:

Spoiler:

?

Can this be of use?
Different Java resources on the older machines.
That is why there are two KUAL builds being done.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:31 PM   #463
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
You can't easily change the way the buttons look like. You'll have to extend KButton, and re-implement the entire paint method. It's not impossible, but it's tedious, so I didn't bother to do it yet.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:32 PM   #464
twobob

Quote:

like:

Spoiler:

?

Can this be of use?
Essentially Amazon moved over to using Swing rather than their own flavour...

Swing has the nice buttons...

maybe it can be mangled to look more square. but as Ixtab says above... it would be EFFORT
Old 02-23-2013, 04:43 PM   #465
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
You can't easily change the way the buttons look like. You'll have to extend KButton, and re-implement the entire paint method. It's not impossible, but it's tedious, so I didn't bother to do it yet.
and to save frustration...

The link on the amazon thingy should point to

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/1.4.2/...a.awt.Graphics)

rather than the stupid http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/ja...a.awt.Graphics)

it does point to

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, kual, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, sqlite, unified