Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-16-2014, 11:29 AM   #1786
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Thanks - would please post a link and when the offer expires so I can add it to the OP
http://www.audible.com/sp/3for2

Quote:
Simply click each tab below to browse the sale by sub-category. Then select any three books you'd like, and purchase them for just two credits. The special shopping cart in our 3 for 2 store allows a maximum of three books to be purchased at a time. If you have additional credits and want to buy even more books, you can keep coming back to this page to take advantage of the sale until January 21 at 11:59 PM (ET).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 11:49 AM   #1787
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Thanks much - added to OP
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2014, 02:40 PM   #1788
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by tch65721 View Post
Same situation, except I have 4 credits. Audible seems to have a lot of "technical difficulties". If/when I recover them, I'll spend them and I'm done.
Check your Billing Address remember last month it was wrong on my account suddenly and I got they couldn't process my payment. I corrected it then got charged twice. Emailed support and they fixed it.

I would also check your card statement and make sure everything is good with payment. I would check for December and this month if your Credit Day has passed.

Last edited by Blossom; 01-16-2014 at 02:42 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 11:58 AM   #1789
tch65721
Evangelist
tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 10", Android phone
Thanks Blossom. What happened is they dropped my account and all my credits. My membership status was "Not Enrolled". They fixed it on their own so I assume a software glitch. I spent my credits once I got them back and quickly made that "Not Enrolled" membership status true.
tch65721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 12:04 PM   #1790
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tch65721 View Post
Thanks Blossom. What happened is they dropped my account and all my credits. My membership status was "Not Enrolled". They fixed it on their own so I assume a software glitch. I spent my credits once I got them back and quickly made that "Not Enrolled" membership status true.
Hey, I'm a "Not Enrolled" also

You'll still get most of the sales and free offers. You won't get the offers involving credits.
Advert
Old 01-17-2014, 12:13 PM   #1791
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
I have one account that is not enrolled, and one that is linked to my (US) Amazon account so I can do WhisperSync for Voice. And my wife has an account with a Canadian address so we can get access to some books that have a different reader in Canada and the UK than the default US one.

At the moment, continuing to have a credit based account makes sense. But at some point, if the current level of deals continues for WhisperSync books, then it will make sense to drop the credits based US account to not-enrolled. It makes no sense to waste a credit on a book that is only $3.99 because I have already bought the eBook version.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 05:34 PM   #1792
MeSue
Geek in the Forest
MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, iPhone 4s, Nexus 7
Current Audiobook Specials

I went to cancel my Audible trial last month and they offered me three months at half price, so I went ahead and signed on for that. Today was the day I was supposed to get another credit. I just logged into my account and no credit was applied, yet my next credit date was a changed to Feb. 17. This is after they tried to hose me out of the buy 4 get $10 promo from November. They did make good on the $10 promo (but would not admit the mistake was theirs), but having to email them for every little thing is rather annoying. Not impressed.

EDIT: fixed now. Don't know if it was because I emailed them, or because I corrected my credit card expiration date.

Last edited by MeSue; 01-17-2014 at 11:57 PM.
MeSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 12:48 AM   #1793
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeSue View Post

EDIT: fixed now. Don't know if it was because I emailed them, or because I corrected my credit card expiration date.
It's weird how our billing information keeps getting changed!

I would advise you to keep an eye on your card and make sure you're not charge wrong.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 09:40 AM   #1794
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Downpour Deal of the Week - exp 20 Jan
Quote:
“A masterful work on nonverbal body language by an exceptional observer. Joe Navarro’s work has been field-tested in the crucible of law enforcement at the highest levels within the FBI. I cannot praise the book enough.” ---David Givens, Ph.D., author of Crime Signals and Love Signals

“This book is a worthy research tool.” --- School Library Journal

Downpour Bonus Deal
  • $5.95 - Misery - Stephen King
Quote:
Thrown from the wreckage of his ‘74 Camaro, Paul Sheldon, author of a bestselling series of historical romances, wakes up one day in a secluded Colorado farmhouse owned by Annie Wilkes, a psychotic ex-nurse who claims she is his number one fan.
Old 01-18-2014, 11:20 AM   #1795
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Downpour

This sale includes the entire 21 volume Aubrey-Maturin series, including O'Brian's unfinished 21st novel. Titles in this series include:
  • Master and Commander ($9.95)
  • HMS Surprise ($9.95)
  • The Fortune of War ($6.95)
  • The Far Side of the World ($9.95)
  • The Letter of Marque ($6.95)
  • The Final Unfinished Voyage of Jack Aubrey ($3.95)
  • plus 15 more titles...

Quote:
Patrick O'Brian, CBE (12 December 1914 – 2 January 2000), born Richard Patrick Russ, was an English novelist and translator, best known for his Aubrey–Maturin series of novels set in the Royal Navy during the Napoleonic Wars and centred on the friendship of English naval captain Jack Aubrey and the Irish–Catalan physician Stephen Maturin. The 20-novel series, the first of which is Master and Commander, is known for its well-researched and highly detailed portrayal of early 19th-century life, as well as its authentic and evocative language. A partially finished twenty-first novel in the series was published posthumously containing facing pages of handwriting and typescript.
Quote:
Beginning in 1969, O'Brian began writing what turned into the 20-volume Aubrey-Maturin series of novels. The books are set in the early 19th century and describe the life and careers of Captain Jack Aubrey and his friend, naval physician Dr. Stephen Maturin. The books are distinguished by O'Brian's deliberate use and adaptation of actual historical events, either integrating his protagonists in the action without changing the outcome, or using adapted historical events as templates. In addition to this trait and to O'Brian's distinctive literary style, his sense of humour is prominent (see Humour in main article, Aubrey-Maturin series). Technical sailing terminology is employed throughout the series. The books are considered by critics to be a roman fleuve, which can be read as one long story; the books follow Aubrey and Maturin's professional and domestic lives continuously.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 01-18-2014 at 12:56 PM.
Old 01-18-2014, 11:25 AM   #1796
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

...and another one from Downpour

Additional Deals include:
  • Brave New World - Aldous Huxley ($5.95)
  • The Maltese Falcon - Dashiell Hammett ($4.95)
  • The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch - Philip K Dick ($5.95)
  • Best Short Stories - Mark Twain ($5.95)
  • The Graduate - Charles Webb ($4.95)
  • plus 10 more titles...
Old 01-18-2014, 11:39 AM   #1797
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Downpour
Quote:
Two of the best things to occupy a winter are books and movies, and in 2014 plenty of books are coming to the silver screen. Downpour is here to get you prepared for everything from dystopian universes to stories ripped from the pages of history.

In this weekend’s spotlight you can save up to 80% on five great books whose adaptations will hit screens between now and the end of March!
Old 01-18-2014, 12:24 PM   #1798
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Downpour

This sale includes the entire 21 volume Aubrey-Maturin series, including O'Brian's unfinished 21st novel. Titles in this series include:
  • Master and Commander ($9.95)
  • HMS Surprise ($9.95)
  • The Fortune of War ($6.95)
  • The Far Side of the World ($9.95)
  • The Letter of Marque ($6.95)
  • The Final Unfinished Voyage of Jack Aubrey ($3.95)
  • plus 15 more titles...
This is a fine series, absolutely one of the best adventure/historical series ever. And the Simon Vance reading is excellent. (At least some of them were also done by Patrick Tull, and those were also excellent, but I think the Simon Vance readings are all that are currently available, either from Downpour or from Audible.) Highly recommended. Just make sure you have time to listen, cause you'll find yourself looking for excuses to keep listening and not do what you should be doing.
Old 01-18-2014, 12:47 PM   #1799
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
This is a fine series, absolutely one of the best adventure/historical series ever. And the Simon Vance reading is excellent. (At least some of them were also done by Patrick Tull, and those were also excellent, but I think the Simon Vance readings are all that are currently available, either from Downpour or from Audible.) Highly recommended. Just make sure you have time to listen, cause you'll find yourself looking for excuses to keep listening and not do what you should be doing.
The entire series comes to about $161. That's a bit spendy, so another option is to get them from a public library. My libraries have the entire series; and most of them are readily available for checkout.

Here's the reading sequence for these titles from FictFact.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 01-18-2014 at 12:57 PM.
Old 01-18-2014, 01:27 PM   #1800
CRussel
(he/him/his)

I got my versions from Audible, as they were published, for credits. Actually, a few of them I rented from Books on Tape before that, while BoT was still a useful and viable resource. But I went ahead and backfilled those later with credits. Clearly, they cost me more in the long run than at these prices, but even if you only bought a couple now you'd be ahead of the game. I certainly wouldn't be willing to spring for all of them in one large bunch, if only because no matter how well and strongly recommended, buying an entire 20 volume series that you don't know seems kind of reckless. Of course, if you've read the books already in DTB or eBook format, and now want to listen to them, then maybe. (I recommend the series as one that you'll want to both read and listen to. And very likely re-read and re-listen in the future.)