Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-03-2012, 11:30 PM   #1
annied
annied began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Thumbs down Kindle Touch Problems???

Hi!

So, two days ago I charged my Kindle Touch with my wall charger which is a Sony Ericsson EP800 which has an Output Power of 5V at 850mAh. I think it was charged for approximately 3 hours.
The Kindle Touch is supposed to handle a 4.5V at 850mAH. I wouldn't have worried except today, for the first time, my Kindle Touch malfunctioned and showed a blank screen when I tried to turn the page. I clicked the power button, and then it automatically rebooted itself. It seemed okay for a while but then it happened again. The screen went blank. I clicked the power button, and then it rebooted. This time, it seemed fine, and I was able to continue without any problems.

I hope I didn't fry something inside by charging it with a higher voltage than it was meant to handle for that long. Perhaps I messed something up inside. I wonder if these two matters are related. PLEASE LET ME KNOW if my charging it with that charger would have affected it.
annied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:49 PM   #2
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
USB and microUSB ports and devices that plug into them are designed to safely handle 4.75 to 5.25 volts, but many devices can operate on less voltage (even down to about 3 volts or so, and some have voltage regulators in them and can easily handle up to 12 volts).

The kindle can safely handle at least 5.25v on its microUSB port (and probably more), so at 5v you are fine.

There is a different problem. Kindles can occasionally require a full restart to free up memory and other resources when memory is getting full. Sometimes the kindle can automatically restart. Or it can just freeze up.

Try doing a restart from the settings menu when it acts strangely such as what you described.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert