Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 06-01-2011, 04:24 AM   #16
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post
What if the user has the font size set larger than the default? I assume that the lines will wrap.
The lines certainly do wrap. But the author doesn't want them to. She wants it to look exactly the same on the ebook as it does in the print book - the text for that line all on one line.

It works in landscape mode on Sony and Kindle, but the font size has be be very small to make it work in portrait mode.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 04:31 AM   #17
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
The lines certainly do wrap. But the author doesn't want them to. She wants it to look exactly the same on the ebook as it does in the print book - the text for that line all on one line.

It works in landscape mode on Sony and Kindle, but the font size has be be very small to make it work in portrait mode.

Regards, Alex
That's unrealistic and ineffective, though I understand her point of view too. Reading poetry on a 6 inch screen is a pain.

I usually stay clear of PDFs, but I would consider doing it in the case of poetry or any book where layout is important, provided the PDF is formatted specifically for my screen size. And I'd need a free sample to make sure. But chances are I wouldn't bother with the whole thing and just find another book.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2011, 04:48 AM   #18
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, Florence.

My thoughts exactly.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:08 PM   #19
mikegetz
Professional Nerd
mikegetz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mikegetz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mikegetz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nook WiFI, KOBO, Pandigital Novel Personal
the Pandigital Novel Personal will do landscape as well.
power saver mode must be off, and auto-rotation must be enabled.
mikegetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:47 AM   #20
AlexBell
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegetz View Post
the Pandigital Novel Personal will do landscape as well.
power saver mode must be off, and auto-rotation must be enabled.
Thanks, Mike. I see you have a Nook; does it do landscape mode?
Advert
Old 06-02-2011, 04:26 AM   #21
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Mine has it but as it turns out, I never use it.
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 06:23 AM   #22
mikegetz
Professional Nerd
mikegetz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mikegetz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mikegetz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nook WiFI, KOBO, Pandigital Novel Personal
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
Thanks, Mike. I see you have a Nook; does it do landscape mode?
i believe that it only does landscape with pdf - however my entire library is drm-free epub, so i cannot verify.
mikegetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:29 AM   #23
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post
Mine has it but as it turns out, I never use it.
Same here.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:21 AM   #24
mcrow24
Connoisseur
mcrow24 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.mcrow24 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.mcrow24 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.mcrow24 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.mcrow24 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.mcrow24 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.mcrow24 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.mcrow24 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.mcrow24 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.mcrow24 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.mcrow24 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Kindle,Augen "The book", Nook
Augen's "The Book", has the ability to display eBooks in landscape view.
mcrow24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:24 AM   #25
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
The Libra Pro can do that.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 04:24 AM   #26
AlexBell
Wizard

Thanks again