Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 05-01-2011, 06:02 PM   #1
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
.mobi conversion adding unwanted left margin

When converting an epub => mobi, Calibre is creating an unwanted larger/left margin as a result. The original has no such margin and I cannot see anything obvious in the css (and, as mentioned, the original epub contains no such margin).

What is the best method to correct this? Is there an expression that I can input in Calbre prior to conversion?

Any help would be most appreciated - this is driving me nuts.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 06:12 PM   #2
Diana495
Connoisseur
Diana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Ipod Touch
Try going to Preferences -> Conversion: Common Options -> Structure Detection, then select the "Remove fake margins" option.

Just reread your post, go with this one: Or go to Conversion: Output Option -> Mobi Output and select "Ignore margins".

Last edited by Diana495; 05-01-2011 at 06:17 PM.
Diana495 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2011, 06:53 PM   #3
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana495 View Post
Try going to Preferences -> Conversion: Common Options -> Structure Detection, then select the "Remove fake margins" option.

Just reread your post, go with this one: Or go to Conversion: Output Option -> Mobi Output and select "Ignore margins".
Thank you so very much! I thought I had looked at all the setting options but missed that one. (and was unsure exactly what would result using it). It worked perfectly!

Thank you again very much for your help.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 07:43 PM   #4
Diana495
Connoisseur
Diana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Ipod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Thank you so very much! I thought I had looked at all the setting options but missed that one. (and was unsure exactly what would result using it). It worked perfectly!

Thank you again very much for your help.
Glad I could help.
Diana495 is offline   Reply With Quote