Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-01-2012, 05:15 PM   #1
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Chest stand for kindle?

Because of back and leg problems, I like to read by lying flat on my back with pillow under my head and kindle propped on my chest. Ideally, I want to have something light that I can put on my chest that will hold the screen about 4 inches off my chest, at a ~70-80 degree angle (ie slightly tilted toward my face). Right now, I use a small pillow but I still have to use my arm and it gets tiring quickly (different physical problem). I plan on getting the pw so there will be no need to accommodate the buttons.

Ideas greatly appreciated. Especially simple and economical ones
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:22 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I found this on Amazon.

Edit: And this but it's more expensive.

Last edited by daffy4u; 10-01-2012 at 06:36 PM.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2012, 07:14 PM   #3
montalex
Fanatic
montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindleDX,Kindle 4, Kindle Keyboard 3G
Prism glasses are great for reading while lying down. With them on, you can simply set your reader on your chest, and you don't need to hyper-extend your neck with large pillows. Some models will fit over prescription glasses.

http://www.whateverworks.com/itemdy0...srsearch=k2577

Last edited by montalex; 10-01-2012 at 07:15 PM. Reason: new link
montalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:32 AM   #4
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Not economical, but you might be able to rig something like this up more cheaply than buying a finished one:

http://www.bookholder.com
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:49 AM   #5
NACarter
NACarter began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
What about a "book chair" - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bookchair-Me...9171299&sr=8-3.
NACarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2012, 06:16 AM   #6
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
Ideas greatly appreciated.
Surgery
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote