Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-11-2011, 06:21 PM   #196
Icewyng
Addict
Icewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura about

Device: Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coredump-EE View Post
Glad to hear your unit is working again
Thanks Core and I have to say your method to install the Google apps works a lot better than mine.

Bootup is rather slow... do you get a screen asking you to choose between Setup Wizard & SDKSetup?
Icewyng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:53 PM   #197
Coredump-EE
Connoisseur
Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Pocketbook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icewyng View Post
Thanks Core and I have to say your method to install the Google apps works a lot better than mine.

Bootup is rather slow... do you get a screen asking you to choose between Setup Wizard & SDKSetup?
Yeah, I'm getting that as well. I guess iq_gapps installs a second setup wizard. Right now I'm tempted to repackage a firmware update with the Google apps, Market hack (sans androidId, obviously) and root pre installed. Shouldn't be too hard. Maybe when I get bored at work
Coredump-EE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 07:26 PM   #198
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetbook and PocketBook IQ
Quote:
Yeah, I'm getting that as well. I guess iq_gapps installs a second setup wizard. Right now I'm tempted to repackage a firmware update with the Google apps, Market hack (sans androidId, obviously) and root pre installed. Shouldn't be too hard. Maybe when I get bored at work
If you're really bored at work ... incorporate google calendar too

Cheers
hiaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 07:45 PM   #199
Coredump-EE
Connoisseur
Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiaig View Post
If you're really bored at work ... incorporate google calendar too

Cheers
I would if I could.... PB sort of promised a working calendar so I hope it's in the next f/w update.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:19 AM   #200
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Right now I'm tempted to repackage a firmware update with the Google apps, Market hack (sans androidId, obviously) and root pre installed. Shouldn't be too hard. Maybe when I get bored at work
Hopefully you'll get bored soon and often.
It would be a highly welcome value-add to the IQ.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:01 AM   #201
Icewyng
Addict
Icewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura about

Gah... another reinstall... Guess my IQ just hates mods somehow!

Is there any way to add Apps2SD without losing SuperUser previlidges?
Old 01-12-2011, 03:40 PM   #202
Coredump-EE
Connoisseur

Quote:
Gah... another reinstall... Guess my IQ just hates mods somehow!

Is there any way to add Apps2SD without losing SuperUser previlidges?
a2sd does not touch your su installation. It requires working su to work, but that's it.
Old 01-12-2011, 05:00 PM   #203
Icewyng
Addict

Quote:
a2sd does not touch your su installation. It requires working su to work, but that's it.
Ooops... I meant the google apps without using the busybox hack. Sorry about that.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:28 PM   #204
Icewyng
Addict

Just an update:

Seems the slowdown and errors (and the fact SetupWizard shows up) is because of a2sd. It might have to do with the way to install it. All was fine after I installed the Google suite and as soon that I installed a2sd and rebooted... the problems came back.

I think some more research might be in order here!
Old 01-13-2011, 02:14 AM   #205
Coredump-EE
Connoisseur

Quote:
Just an update:

Seems the slowdown and errors (and the fact SetupWizard shows up) is because of a2sd. It might have to do with the way to install it. All was fine after I installed the Google suite and as soon that I installed a2sd and rebooted... the problems came back.

I think some more research might be in order here!
It's probably your SD card not playing nice.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:54 AM   #206
Icewyng
Addict

Quote:
It's probably your SD card not playing nice.
Coulb be the case but I'm not sure. It worked before (with the linux swap) but I had to disable a2sd or else, nothing would launch except launcher and it was painfully slow (and crashed most system processes as acore and gapps).

As for the SU force close, I have found 2 possible solutions:

1) clear superuser's cache & reboot
2) Uninstall the apk and reinstall it with market

I will try those as soon as I get home.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:29 PM   #207
Coredump-EE
Connoisseur

Quote:
Coulb be the case but I'm not sure. It worked before (with the linux swap) but I had to disable a2sd or else, nothing would launch except launcher and it was painfully slow (and crashed most system processes as acore and gapps).

As for the SU force close, I have found 2 possible solutions:

1) clear superuser's cache & reboot
2) Uninstall the apk and reinstall it with market

I will try those as soon as I get home.
It would rock if you could get SuperUser.apk working

Experience from my past tell me that over 95% of all "app2sd" problems stem from damaged filesystems or media that does not like to be formatted ext2/ext3 (nope, I'm not making this up).

It works perfectly over here. I have a fully working, fully configured system on SD. After a firmware reflash all I have to do is get a2sd working again, run a2sd setup and reintegrate my old a2sd partition to be fully operational again.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:33 PM   #208
Coredump-EE
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Hopefully you'll get bored soon and often.
It would be a highly welcome value-add to the IQ.
Well, I had some time today. I've managed to extract, modify, reconstruct and flash system.img. Root and a2sd are already pre-installed, so are the Google apps and Launcher Pro . It still needs quite a bit of TLC tho.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:14 PM   #209
Icewyng
Addict

Quote:
It would rock if you could get SuperUser.apk working

Experience from my past tell me that over 95% of all "app2sd" problems stem from damaged filesystems or media that does not like to be formatted ext2/ext3 (nope, I'm not making this up).

It works perfectly over here. I have a fully working, fully configured system on SD. After a firmware reflash all I have to do is get a2sd working again, run a2sd setup and reintegrate my old a2sd partition to be fully operational again.

Got it working now... The only thing I didnèt do before was the busybox SU trick. I did it and now, everything works fine.

I am still working to get the Superuser to work.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:18 AM   #210
Icewyng
Addict

Just wondering what version of a2sd you are using?

It seems the a2sd is still looking for a swap file (for some reason) and I try to deactivate it but I am unable to. a2sd should have a command called a2sd noswap but it won't work.