Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 05-17-2010, 05:30 PM   #1
miquele
Connoisseur
miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Kindle 3, Kindle PW, Kindle Voyage
commercial on-demand book scan service?

hello,

I'm looking for a company I can send an Amazon link to and they send me back a OCR-scanned .txt (or .pdf or DRM-protected mobi) file of the book to a reasonable price.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
miquele

Last edited by miquele; 05-17-2010 at 05:39 PM.
miquele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 08:38 AM   #2
funnyreader4311
funnyreader4311 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-t2, Pyrus mini, Jetbook color 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by miquele View Post
hello,

I'm looking for a company I can send an Amazon link to and they send me back a OCR-scanned .txt (or .pdf or DRM-protected mobi) file of the book to a reasonable price.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
miquele
This is a very old post but the question remains topical ...
In the month of August (2011) I read on Techcrunch that there is a company that does something like this ... In fact the company does the scans of paper books that can also be sent directly to them from Amazon for the scan.
However, this direct service is too expensive in my opinion, at the time, for a private ... about $ 100 for 50 books, but there is ... unfortunately a monthly basis. Without this limitation, service of direct conversion from Amazon would been very good ..
Instead, to scan a paper book in pdf format, by sending this them directly, has very affordable costs only $ 1-2 for paperbook !

Important note: the paper book is destroyed by them and the paper is recycled. In no case is returned the paperbook!

Here is the link to Techcrunch's article :
techcrunch.com/2011/08/12/1dollarscan-com-scans-and-digitizes-your-books-and-documents-for-you/

Last edited by funnyreader4311; 12-20-2011 at 08:50 AM.
funnyreader4311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2011, 02:53 PM   #3
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=146177
All you might want to know at this link.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
book-scan service