Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 10-10-2009, 05:07 PM   #31
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
Just tried the docx-to-epub converter. It seems that I cant't embed fonts in epub files created by the converter. Is there any solution?
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 07:27 PM   #32
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericshliao View Post
Just tried the docx-to-epub converter. It seems that I cant't embed fonts in epub files created by the converter. Is there any solution?
Edit the ePub and add in the fonts you want. It's what I do.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2009, 09:17 PM   #33
Mr. Dalliard
Zealot
Mr. Dalliard began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffonwing View Post
Question: Does this free plug-in require any activation code or license-key?

The reason I ask is that you have to log-in to download it. And in order to log in, you have to supply personal info such as Name, Street Address, Phone, Country, etc.. This is not something I am willing to supply for a free plug-in for Word.

If it's not a licensed-key required version, I'd like to ask if it could be sent to me via email, or posted somewhere else for download.

Mr. Dalliard says: "My dear Mr. Wing, this is why we keep a special email account for potential spammers and people we don't really feel like giving our 'real' address to".

You forgot pr0nsites! Anyway, I am inclined, at an angle of approximately 37.2 degrees, to agree.

As for the plugin, I look forward to checking it out, in anticipation of the ereader which my sister, supposedly, sent me over two weeks ago.

Last edited by Mr. Dalliard; 10-12-2009 at 09:21 PM.
Mr. Dalliard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 07:32 PM   #34
romeok
romeok doesn't litterromeok doesn't litter

Device: none
Here I am checking on the status again... Thanks for your interest so far.

I have scheduled the following to be implemented in the Aspose.Words for Microsoft Word save as EPUB plugin to be done by the end of November:

1. Embed subsets of used True Type Fonts.

2. Investigate and support the ADE mobile specification.

3. Make font size resizing in the readers work. At the moment they do not work because we always export fixed font sixe, the way it is specified in MS Word. E.g. 10pt we export as 10pt and ADE does not seem to allow resizing this. It only allows resizing for relative font sizes I guess.

To answer some of the earlier questions:

Yes, to produce EPUB Aspose.Words converts the document into HTML internally, but it does so using its own HTML exporter, it is not using MS Word to convert to HTML so that's why the produced HTML can be a bit "cleaner" than if produced by MS Word.

Yes, Aspose.Words embeds all formatting as inline CSS on each paragraph etc. It is just one of the modes for exporting CSS formatting in Aspose.Words. There are three (inline CSS, embedded CSS stylesheet and external CSS stylesheet). We've defaulted to inline CSS, but I guess we can changed to embedded CSS stylesheet as it seems some of you do care.
romeok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:03 AM   #35
Richey79
mrkrgnao
Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS650, K3 Wireless, Galaxy S3, iPad 3.
Potentially useful, but every time I've downloaded this, the installer crashes halfway through (Win7 x64).
Richey79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2017, 04:04 PM   #36
2manymovies
2manymovies began at the beginning.

Device: None
Any plans for Aspose to support/convert to epub 3?
2manymovies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 04:29 PM   #37
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manymovies View Post
Any plans for Aspose to support/convert to epub 3?
Do you plan to use any ePub 3 only features? If not, there's no need for ePub 3.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 05:22 PM   #38
2manymovies

I wish I didn't, lol. Unfortunately, IngramSpark does require epub 3 for successful submission. I've tried the Sigil plug-in converter, but it takes an error-free epub 2 to an epub 3 with errors (per the epub validator) every which way I've tried.

Last edited by 2manymovies; 05-02-2017 at 06:08 PM. Reason: accuracy
Old 05-02-2017, 09:32 PM   #39
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@2manymovies - you posted to a thread that is over 6 years old asking about future plans for a software product from a company that a working website. Why not ask them directly.

And try to be a little more circumspect before posting to an old thread despite the warning message that is shown when such a thread is opened.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 03:30 AM   #40
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
I wish I didn't, lol. Unfortunately, IngramSpark does require epub 3 for successful submission. I've tried the Sigil plug-in converter, but it takes an error-free epub 2 to an epub 3 with errors (per the epub validator) every which way I've tried.
You don't need to convert a ePUB2 to 3 with Sigil. You can export an ePUB3 with my add-in for Word and do touch up in Sigil if needed. Sigil can open and work with ePUB3 without problems.

Be aware that Apose creates a lot of cruft in the resulting ePUB.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 09:31 AM   #41
2manymovies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
You don't need to convert a ePUB2 to 3 with Sigil. You can export an ePUB3 with my add-in for Word and do touch up in Sigil if needed. Sigil can open and work with ePUB3 without problems.

Be aware that Apose creates a lot of cruft in the resulting ePUB.
Thanks, Toxaris. I'm still trying to figure out the Sigil navmap, to be honest. And the Aspose epub2 passes the validator check, but the Sigil epub 3 (from the Aspose epub2) doesn't.
Old 05-03-2017, 09:33 AM   #42
2manymovies

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@2manymovies - you posted to a thread that is over 6 years old asking about future plans for a software product from a company that a working website. Why not ask them directly.

And try to be a little more circumspect before posting to an old thread despite the warning message that is shown when such a thread is opened.

BR

Um, I posted here because this is the first known (to me) existing reference to Aspose.
Old 05-03-2017, 10:06 AM   #43
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
This has never happened to me. If the epub2 passed epubcheck the epub3 generated by the epub3 output plugin should also pass epubcheck. If it doesn't post examples of the error messages that you get in the epub3 output plugin thread and KevinH will have a look at them.
(The only epubcheck message that I occasionally got was that all .html files should have .xhtml file extensions, but that isn't an error message--it's an informational message.)
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 10:10 AM   #44
2manymovies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
This has never happened to me. If the epub2 passed epubcheck the epub3 generated by the epub3 output plugin should also pass epubcheck. If it doesn't post examples of the error messages that you get in the epub3 output plugin thread and KevinH will have a look at them.
(The only epubcheck message that I occasionally got was that all .html files should have .xhtml file extensions, but that isn't an error message--it's an informational message.)
Thanks, Doitsu. I'll run it again later today and post the errors.
Old 05-03-2017, 02:51 PM   #45
2manymovies

Sorry, moved the errors to the correct thread. Still interested in Aspose updates.

Last edited by 2manymovies; 05-03-2017 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Oops