Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-17-2009, 10:52 AM   #1
rcrh
Enthusiast
rcrh began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
moving purchased titles to a new computer

I wasn't sure if I should put this here or under "troubleshooting"...

I've just purchased a new PC and will be installing the sony library software onto it before I throw out the old computer. How do I go about moving my purchased ebooks to the new computer?

I'd hate to find out that they are locked to the specific hardware they were purchased on.

thanks in advance.
rcrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:19 AM   #2
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster
AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
I'm sure you'll get someone more experienced
answering here shortly... but I'm thinking you
should be able to authorize the new pc on the
Sony library software? Then you could access
any of your purchases on your new pc.
AbFabGab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2009, 11:30 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrh View Post
I wasn't sure if I should put this here or under "troubleshooting"...

I've just purchased a new PC and will be installing the sony library software onto it before I throw out the old computer. How do I go about moving my purchased ebooks to the new computer?

I'd hate to find out that they are locked to the specific hardware they were purchased on.

thanks in advance.
What you do the following...

Under My Authorized Devices select Manage Devices.
From there you can De-authorize your computer.

To authorize your new computer, just install eBook Library and log into your account. Then just download all your purchased eBooks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 12:54 PM   #4
Fischer1483
Fischer1483 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PS-505
I assume that not all of the e-books in her e-book library were purchased from Sony E-Connect. That's certainly my case. Some were purchased from other sources, and many more were downloaded free.

What I would do is copy the folder containing all the e-books to a flash drive and then transfer it to the new computer. (I'm not at my home computer right now, so I don't have the file location and folder name available. I'm sure someone else can provide that information.)
Fischer1483 is offline   Reply With Quote