Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-01-2017, 02:18 PM   #1
bulldogmo
Connoisseur
bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.

Device: kindle
Generate cover options

How do I add covers that I have downloaded from here to the options?

Last edited by bulldogmo; 09-01-2017 at 02:21 PM.
bulldogmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 05:11 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@bulldogmo - either drag-drop them into the book details panel, or add/update via Edit Metadata->Change cover->Browse, or if cover is in a format file, select format file in the Edit Metadata->format files box and click the cover icon (top left).

@ Kovid: the Edit Metadata format files box lacks a title - I would have sworn it had "Format files" in an earlier version.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2017, 06:25 PM   #3
bulldogmo
Connoisseur
bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.

thanks
Old 09-01-2017, 07:06 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogmo View Post
How do I add covers that I have downloaded from here to the options?
FWIW 'Generate Cover' (builtin, button in MDE) and Generate a Custom cover (the PI) are for creating USER covers.
BR figured out you were trying to import a cover in the case Calibre search did not find one or found the wrong one (or too modern of a version for those of us matching covers on our dead tree bookshelf )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 07:48 PM   #5
bulldogmo
Connoisseur

Thank you, actually I found the cover generator plugin. The reason is I have a bunch of short stories that fit in between the main novels that just don't have any covers.

Thank you again for all the help.
Advert