Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-18-2017, 11:56 AM   #976
tarisea
Zealot
tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.

Device: iphone
Custom Column

I am so rusty, I can't seem to remember how to do anything. I want to create 2 custom columns both syncing to Goodreads but neither work:

This one should show yes/no if the book if the owed box in Goodreads is ticked.
1. Owned
Lookup Name: #owned
Column Heading: Owned
Column Type: Yes/No

This one should show the date purchased if there is one in goodreads.
1. Date Purchased
Lookup Name: #date_purchased
Column Heading: Date Purchased
Column Type: Date

I know it should be templates. I just cant remember how to do it to save my life. Your help would be appreciated

Last edited by tarisea; 09-18-2017 at 02:28 PM.
tarisea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 12:30 AM   #977
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarisea View Post
I am so rusty, I can't seem to remember how to do anything. I want to create 2 custom columns both syncing to Goodreads but neither work:

This one should show yes/no if the book if the owed box in Goodreads is ticked.
1. Owned
Lookup Name: #owned
Column Heading: Owned
Column Type: Yes/No

This one should show the date purchased if there is one in goodreads.
1. Date Purchased
Lookup Name: #date_purchased
Column Heading: Date Purchased
Column Type: Date

I know it should be templates. I just cant remember how to do it to save my life. Your help would be appreciated
I think the reason you can't remember how to do it is because you can't. Or at least I can't see anyway to do it and I don't remember seeing any code to do it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2017, 03:09 AM   #978
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I think the reason you can't remember how to do it is because you can't. Or at least I can't see anyway to do it and I don't remember seeing any code to do it.
There is no code for it, I can say it for sure as I was looking for it and, due to the way the API is built, I had to use an alternate method.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 03:25 AM   #979
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
There is no code for it, I can say it for sure as I was looking for it and, due to the way the API is built, I had to use an alternate method.
Care to share? Earlier in the year started keeping purchase date, source and price in my calibre library. Syncing them with Goodreads might be useful.
Old 09-19-2017, 03:44 AM   #980
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Care to share? Earlier in the year started keeping purchase date, source and price in my calibre library. Syncing them with Goodreads might be useful.
You go with the opposite of my WOW. I don't upload them to calibre but download. Anyway, the simplest way to upload the data would be through the API function "owned_books.xml". You have caught my interest now, and I think I'm going to try to do this at the same moment I add a book to a shelf (I already get the concepto of owned_book).

My use, for now, is: when I get a freebie at Amazon / Kobo, and I cannot add the book at that moment, I register it a goodreads (with the data at recommended_by, as the only way to get the owned_book_id is downloading ALL THE OWNED BOOKS).

Pdta: Perhaps I'll have done it at the end of the week.

Last edited by Terisa de morgan; 09-19-2017 at 03:56 AM.
Advert
Old 09-19-2017, 04:13 AM   #981
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
You go with the opposite of my WOW. I don't upload them to calibre but download. Anyway, the simplest way to upload the data would be through the API function "owned_books.xml". You have caught my interest now, and I think I'm going to try to do this at the same moment I add a book to a shelf (I already get the concepto of owned_book).

My use, for now, is: when I get a freebie at Amazon / Kobo, and I cannot add the book at that moment, I register it a goodreads (with the data at recommended_by, as the only way to get the owned_book_id is downloading ALL THE OWNED BOOKS).

Pdta: Perhaps I'll have done it at the end of the week.
After I finished my post before, I realised I probably had more info in Goodreads about my owned books than in calibre. But, I don't tend to add them to Goodreads until I start reading. When when I do, I have always added the ownership details. So, Goodreads probably has better ownership details for books I have read, and calibre for recently purchased books.

But, extending the "Add to shelf" dialog to add ownership as well should work. A checkbox to do it. An extra pain is adding configuration for the purchased date and source.

The list owned books is interesting. Calling this and adding the books would be good. But, it might be better to call the Import List plugin with the result. That can do the matching and creating as needed. I can't remember if it has anything for using XML data as a source.
Old 09-19-2017, 04:28 AM   #982
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
But, extending the "Add to shelf" dialog to add ownership as well should work. A checkbox to do it. An extra pain is adding configuration for the purchased date and source.
Yes, it would be ok, and the configuration is a bit boring but... not so much, really (a bit of cut/paste)

Quote:
The list owned books is interesting. Calling this and adding the books would be good. But, it might be better to call the Import List plugin with the result. That can do the matching and creating as needed. I can't remember if it has anything for using XML data as a source.
I cannot remember either, really.
Old 09-19-2017, 09:49 PM   #983
tarisea
Zealot
tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.

Device: iphone
Wow you guys just got way technical on me. I'm just trying to get alist of books I own and haven't read because of my very serious Amazon one click problem. So here's the thing. Goodreads is great for that s info and I can pull up the info anywhere. It is however a huge pain to enter the info in Goodreads. I was hoping to sync the info and hat way I can enter it into Calibre and then sync it to Goodreads.
tarisea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 10:21 PM   #984
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarisea View Post
Wow you guys just got way technical on me. I'm just trying to get alist of books I own and haven't read because of my very serious Amazon one click problem. So here's the thing. Goodreads is great for that s info and I can pull up the info anywhere. It is however a huge pain to enter the info in Goodreads. I was hoping to sync the info and hat way I can enter it into Calibre and then sync it to Goodreads.
The answer, as I said, is that the plugin doesn't do this. But, Terisa has hit the problem and has been working on private modifications to do what you want. We'll look at the changes and see if we can extend these changes to other users. But, no promises on whether it will be done or when.
Old 10-17-2017, 05:38 AM   #985
unabatedshagie
Enthusiast
unabatedshagie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Maybe I'm missing something obvious but how can you use this to sync a read percentage over from GR?

I've already got an integer column in Calibre for it.
unabatedshagie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 06:50 AM   #986
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by unabatedshagie View Post
Maybe I'm missing something obvious but how can you use this to sync a read percentage over from GR?

You can't. The reading progress is sent from calibre to GR.
Old 10-21-2017, 10:02 AM   #987
vjjustin
Enthusiast
vjjustin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by unabatedshagie View Post

This is exactly what I am looking for. I have a set of books that I read and updated in GR, these are linked to books in calibre as well. But the sync option do not allow progress to be updated. I came here to ask if there is anyway I can get it done.

Quote:
You can't. The reading progress is sent from calibre to GR.
Any idea why isn't this enabled in the plugin? I don't think this to be very difficult.
vjjustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 11:42 AM   #988
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjjustin View Post
Any idea why isn't this enabled in the plugin? I don't think this to be very difficult.
I guess because nobody has been interested in it.
Old 10-21-2017, 08:59 PM   #989
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjjustin View Post
This is exactly what I am looking for. I have a set of books that I read and updated in GR, these are linked to books in calibre as well. But the sync option do not allow progress to be updated. I came here to ask if there is anyway I can get it done.

As Terisa said, because nobody has been interested in it. I added the function to send the progress from calibre to GR because I wanted that. I was manually updating the progress on GR for a while. But, I already had it in my calibre library, and once I could send it from calibre to GR, I stopped updating GR.

As to adding it, a quick glance at the API doesn't jump out at method to get the progress from GR. It is probably there, but if it in the API call I suspect it is in, it is a little more complicated than it could be.
Old 10-22-2017, 04:55 AM   #990
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
As to adding it, a quick glance at the API doesn't jump out at method to get the progress from GR. It is probably there, but if it in the API call I suspect it is in, it is a little more complicated than it could be.
I don't remember having seen the status (where the progress is stored) in the review response. You get rating, review, and reading date but progress (percentage and pages), I don't remember. And without this, you only can download rating and date if the book has filled those fields.

Tags
calibre, goodreads