Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 05-20-2010, 04:09 AM   #31
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue_librarian View Post
Not for me: This domain name expired on May 02 2010 08:33AM. Click here to renew it.
Odd. Because for me it was definitely down (a few days ago...maybe a week). But tonight when I clicked on the link the site came up.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 04:13 AM   #32
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue_librarian View Post
Not for me: This domain name expired on May 02 2010 08:33AM. Click here to renew it.
Works here, too
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2010, 04:49 AM   #33
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
It's showing as expired for me, too.
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 04:55 AM   #34
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guns4Hire View Post
Odd. Because for me it was definitely down (a few days ago...maybe a week). But tonight when I clicked on the link the site came up.
It still doesn't work for me.
Please, pretty please download everything you can RIGHT NOW.
A mirror of the site would be great.
There is interesting stuff up there and some of that is not available anywhere else.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 05:08 AM   #35
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guns4Hire View Post
But tonight when I clicked on the link the site came up.
One more thing.
Please ping the site address (at the moment when it IS working) and post an IP address.
The server is most probably still there on the original IP address. Only the DNS record that links to the IP of the server is rerouted to the "this domain is expired" page.
Test the IP address by typing it to the browser URL bar (where you would normally type just bookfast.org)

in windows.
Go to start menu
select Run menu
run command cmd
a window where you can type commands appears
type command ping bookfast.org
you will see something like
Reply from 123.234.012.111: bytes= ....

in Linux
start terminal window
type command ping bookfast.org
after a few lines press Ctrl+C to stop the ping command. The linux version does not stop after 4 pings by default, like Windows version does.
you will see something like
Reply from 123.234.012.111: bytes= ....
Advert
Old 05-20-2010, 05:28 AM   #36
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
I've pinged the URL and it is on.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 05:37 AM   #37
rogue_librarian
Guru
rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Basic 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
So, what's the IP? Wasn't that the point?
rogue_librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 05:41 AM   #38
kacir
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
can you post the IP address?

Of course, that if you ping that URL it will return the IP address. The question is, is it IP address of the original server, or is it IP addres of the "this domain has expired" server.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:57 AM   #39
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
The site works fine for me. I pinged it and got an ip, put when I put the ip in the browser it goes to a different site..
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 06:20 AM   #40
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Oops...

The IP which responds is 79.142.204.45. However, as omk reports, the site of that IP is the Russkoye Tekhnokratitseskoye Bratstvo, the URL being http://rtb.org.ua/
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 09:00 AM   #41
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Worked fine for me. Google translate didn't choke, redirects worked.
Hadn't been there for a while; they added some interesting (for a chage ) games.

Sounds like a DNS issue; some DNS servers may be working off the older (changed?) address. Would expect those that can't get through to eventually get back in.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 06:15 AM   #42
mdmorrissey
Addict
mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PocketBook 360
I ordered my PB 360 yesterday from PocketGoods.de and am looking forward to trying it out.

In another thread Beppe referred me to https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...95&postcount=1 so at some point I'll try to make an Italian-English dict., but would be happy if someone beat me to it! Italian-Italian would also be good. Seems that Mobipocket is the best format (?).
mdmorrissey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 07:06 AM   #43
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmorrissey View Post
I ordered my PB 360 yesterday from PocketGoods.de and am looking forward to trying it out.

In another thread Beppe referred me to https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...95&postcount=1 so at some point I'll try to make an Italian-English dict., but would be happy if someone beat me to it! Italian-Italian would also be good. Seems that Mobipocket is the best format (?).
Mobipoket for the dictionaries? No. U have to use dictionaries in .dic format to work properly.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 07:18 AM   #44
mdmorrissey
Addict
mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Oh. Thanks. Maybe I'm jumping the gun since I don't even have the PB yet, but do you have a link to instructions for creating an Italian-Eng or Italian-Italian dict. for PB 360? I know this is one of the first things I will want to do so I might as well be prepared.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:44 AM   #45
mdmorrissey
Addict

Anyone know the best (cheapest) place/way to buy a replacement battery in Germany for the PB 360? Is it a good idea to keep one on hand in case it conks out or if you're not able to recharge it easily?