Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-12-2009, 03:08 PM   #1
formerroadie
Bada Bing
formerroadie will become famous soon enoughformerroadie will become famous soon enoughformerroadie will become famous soon enoughformerroadie will become famous soon enoughformerroadie will become famous soon enoughformerroadie will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony Reader PRS-600
PRS-600

I just pre-ordered the red PRS-600. It's my first e-reader and I'm stoked! Looking forward to getting into a new world of tech.
formerroadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 03:46 PM   #2
komugi
Zealot
komugi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.komugi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.komugi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Surface Pro 3, HTC 10, Kobo Aura H2O
Let us know how it is!
komugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2009, 03:49 PM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
woot ! congratulations ! (i'm so jealous ! ) i can't wait to hear your review.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 05:49 PM   #4
formerroadie
Bada Bing
formerroadie will become famous soon enoughformerroadie will become famous soon enoughformerroadie will become famous soon enoughformerroadie will become famous soon enoughformerroadie will become famous soon enoughformerroadie will become famous soon enough

You bet. With it being my first, it will be hard to compare with others, but I do know the 700 had screen reading issues. I'm praying they fixed it . I will be using the highlight and note taking features a lot. I will work with it for a few weeks after getting it and write up a review here once that happens. Says it ships out the 31st .
Old 08-15-2009, 06:01 AM   #5
keith_mahoney
keith_mahoney began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600 on pre-order; Cancelled. Got a 505, charger and case 4 less $
Yeah I am in the same boat as you, first reader and pre-ordered a 600. When I pre-ordered though Borders website said it will ship on the 25th but now says 31st. I hope that was just one mistake and it won't get pushed back again.
keith_mahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2009, 02:00 PM   #6
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by keith_mahoney View Post
Yeah I am in the same boat as you, first reader and pre-ordered a 600. When I pre-ordered though Borders website said it will ship on the 25th but now says 31st. I hope that was just one mistake and it won't get pushed back again.
even though I preordered my PRS 700 direct from sony. and within the first week they started accepting pre orders, It still took over 2 weeks for them to ship my unit after the release date
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 02:24 PM   #7
tracyeo
Connoisseur
tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505;PRS-600;Sony PRS-350;Kobo Mini;Kobo Clara HD
I also pre-ordered my prs 600 from Borders.

I usually use screen protectors on my touch screen devices so i started looking for one and ran across this company: Wrapsol http://www.wrapsol.com/en_US/Home+Pa...r+PRS+700.aspx

They offer complete protection systems for the prs 700, kindle and iliad. I contacted them to see if they would be offering a system for the prs 600 and they have offered to draw the pattern and fit my 505 and 600 when I receive it for free.

Do any prs 700 or kindle owners have any experience with this product. Is this something other sony 505 or 600 owners would be interested in ordering when they draw the pattern?
tracyeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 02:33 PM   #8
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Ooh, I'm jealous! I'm really curious about this new version, but I want to see it in person before making any decisions about upgrades.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 02:39 PM   #9
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Ooh congrats to you guys (I'm jealous too!).
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 08:09 PM   #10
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
I'm gonna check out the Sony 300 here at the big SonyStyle store when it appears. I might walk out with one.
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 08:16 PM   #11
Grandma Aubbie
Grandma Aubbie
Grandma Aubbie doesn't litterGrandma Aubbie doesn't litterGrandma Aubbie doesn't litter

Device: sony 600
I'm new to E-reading and just ordered mine as well (directly from Sony). I requested a credit card from them earlier this month - it gives a refund of $100 off the first $299 purchase. So, I ordered the 600 Touch. It's supposed to ship August 31.

I "lurked" around the forum, and y'all helped with my decision. It was great to be able to read the manual before ordering (and I would never have done that without your help!)

I'm looking forward to the notes/draw feature, in this part of Kansas, directions to get anywhere usually involve a bit of "drawing."

This is only my second post (my first was in the introductions), so HI everybody. Thanks for being around.
Grandma Aubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 03:22 PM   #12
formerroadie
Bada Bing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma Aubbie View Post
I'm new to E-reading and just ordered mine as well (directly from Sony). I requested a credit card from them earlier this month - it gives a refund of $100 off the first $299 purchase. So, I ordered the 600 Touch. It's supposed to ship August 31.

I "lurked" around the forum, and y'all helped with my decision. It was great to be able to read the manual before ordering (and I would never have done that without your help!)

I'm looking forward to the notes/draw feature, in this part of Kansas, directions to get anywhere usually involve a bit of "drawing."

This is only my second post (my first was in the introductions), so HI everybody. Thanks for being around.
Yo Aubie!

Yeah, I'm excited. Us newbies seem to be getting into the market after Sony's first effort, which I think is good. Hopefully the 600 will be a great improvement over the 700. I just can't wait to stop printing articles and having a search function for my articles. That's going to rock.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:05 PM   #13
Grandma Aubbie
Grandma Aubbie
Grandma Aubbie doesn't litterGrandma Aubbie doesn't litterGrandma Aubbie doesn't litter

Device: sony 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by formerroadie View Post
Yo Aubie!

Yeah, I'm excited. Us newbies seem to be getting into the market after Sony's first effort, which I think is good. Hopefully the 600 will be a great improvement over the 700. I just can't wait to stop printing articles and having a search function for my articles. That's going to rock.
It's 25 miles to the nearest town for me - and no guarantee Target will have them in stock here in the near future. So, I went ahead based on Sony's announcement.

I already have my ebook library set up, I've applied for my Kansas digital library card so I can download from there, AND Sony politely sent me my "charger" which is waiting to do its job. I have a 2G SD card I'm going to use, will wait to hear from others before purchasing anything larger. I will probably be sitting on my front porch waiting for FedEx the day it's due.
Grandma Aubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 09:50 PM   #14
rjfarrell
Zealot
rjfarrell doesn't litterrjfarrell doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505, Iphone, Ipad
When I pre-ordered my PRS-700 a month in advance of release, it actually shipped 10 days earlier than they said. I was floored.

So just maybe you all will be lucky

I am making myself wait a bit on this one. I just cannot find an absolute reason to replace the 505. Fine piece of machine, that one!
rjfarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 11:24 PM   #15
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
I think you will love it

Quote:
Originally Posted by formerroadie View Post
I just pre-ordered the red PRS-600. It's my first e-reader and I'm stoked! Looking forward to getting into a new world of tech.
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote