Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-10-2013, 11:30 AM   #36316
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
If you tag them correctly, iTunes should do it for you automatically if you right-click and select "Get Album Artwork".

Hope you like the Nano. I have one in Blue and it's gorgeous. I use it mostly as a pedometer though.

I'm personally buying all those albums I liked, but never bought, at eMusic and Amazon. I would like to keep buying CDs, but I'm 24, and if I ever move, having tons and tons of CDs are going to be a HUGE issue. I already have LPs I have no idea where to put.
Thanks to a nice DHL man it arrived today!

I've only had the chance to charge it and I'm now finishing converting the last batch of mp3's to aac's.

I've had quite a lot of albums iTunes didn't know, mostly from the 90s and unknown artist, and from music dvd's I ripped the audio track file from.

I know how you feel, I've got loads of cd's and dvd's I haven't really got space for. I've already sold a lot of my books, only keeping those I want to reread and can't find an ebook edition.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:38 AM   #36317
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Getting ready to go see Elysium.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:09 PM   #36318
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
Thanks to a nice DHL man it arrived today!

I've only had the chance to charge it and I'm now finishing converting the last batch of mp3's to aac's.

I've had quite a lot of albums iTunes didn't know, mostly from the 90s and unknown artist, and from music dvd's I ripped the audio track file from.

I know how you feel, I've got loads of cd's and dvd's I haven't really got space for. I've already sold a lot of my books, only keeping those I want to reread and can't find an ebook edition.

Nice! Yeah, sometimes it has to be the exact listing. I miss the days of the original iPods having just the plain display on them. It made it much easier.

Just got done cutting coupons from my CVS receipt. I got one for $5 off $15, but it expires in the next few days. The other 5 I got last until the end of the month. Go figure.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:12 PM   #36319
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Midway through my first of R D Wingfield's 'Jack Frost' series, "Frost at Christmas."

If you enjoy Rankin's 'Inspector Rebus,' imagine him younger, funnier, messier, but just as devoted and skilled. THAT is Jack Frost! If the book keeps up like this I'm going to have to get hold of the entire series!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:11 AM   #36320
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Procrastinating.

I had planned on cleaning my desk today (yes, cleaning my desk is a day long task) but I just can't get myself to do it. I've already been to Ikea to get another pillow and I've also visited the department store to get a new sheet for my mattress (because Ikea doesn't have one that fit the mattress I bought at their store). I've also checked if there are new podcasts available for the ones I subscribe to, added some books to my Kindle and had lunch. Now I really can't find any excuse to not start cleaning/clearing except for that I don't want to.
Old 08-13-2013, 04:49 PM   #36321
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Just had a cortisone shot in what was formerly my good shoulder. At least this one is biceps tendonitis and not frozen shoulder like the other side.

The doc went next door to inject someone else before he did mine. That patient shrieked at full volume the whole time the shot was going in. When the doc came back in, he was wielding the large needle, with a Jack-Nicholson-like grin on his face, and said, "Changed your mind?"

(Full disclosure: It did hurt more than the last one I got. I think it depends on where they have to stick the needle. Mine wasn't shriek-worthy, though.)
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:02 PM   #36322
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
Just had a cortisone shot in what was formerly my good shoulder. At least this one is biceps tendonitis and not frozen shoulder like the other side.

The doc went next door to inject someone else before he did mine. That patient shrieked at full volume the whole time the shot was going in. When the doc came back in, he was wielding the large needle, with a Jack-Nicholson-like grin on his face, and said, "Changed your mind?"

(Full disclosure: It did hurt more than the last one I got. I think it depends on where they have to stick the needle. Mine wasn't shriek-worthy, though.)
I had cortisone in the thumb once (for trigger thumb) and it WAS the most painful shot I ever remember. Wonder why it has to hurt so bad.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:24 AM   #36323
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Just got back from a bicycle trip of just over 30 kilometres. I had planned on taking a reading break on a bench along the water somewhere but all the benches were taken (not surprisingly with this weather). Next time I need to take an old blanket or something with me so I can sit in the grass.

Now it's time for a nap, I was up at 5.30am this morning so we could fill the trailer with wood from the basement and bring it to the recycle station before we opened and after my cycle trip I'm ready to fall asleep.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:46 AM   #36324
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Or just sit on the grass. Be wild!
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:45 AM   #36325
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Or just sit on the grass. Be wild!
I would but seeing how many dogs I've seen being walked along the water today I'll take an old blanket .
Old 08-16-2013, 02:54 AM   #36326
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Celebrating the fact that I managed to recover my Steam account. Having not logged in for more than 7 years, I was even sure which email address it was connected to. (some I haven't used in just as long)
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 06:19 PM   #36327
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
I recently switched from one real estate brokerage to another. when I got here I noticed that the computer speed was syrup like, did a speed test and we running along at 0.85 and the office I came from (which is almost right across the street) was at 20. so, I told the powers that be that the connection speeds SUCKED! they asked what they could do, and I said give me permission and I'll get it upgraded, so that was the first project. when that was done they asked if I had any other input. I said, well, while we're at it, this phone system is a dinosaur and there are no longer replacement parts for it. so they said ok, source that out. so I had a guy come in with a bid for 15k. that didn't go over real well, so they asked me if I could find a used system. I found one that I have installed probably hundreds of back in the day for a little over 4k, and just spent the last three days installing it. this is a three story building, 28 desks. boy am I pooped! now I get to go back to pretending like I'm a realtor! (it sure was phone to be a tool user again!)
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 07:04 PM   #36328
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I experienced a rare, warm & fuzzy (and non-violent) moment this morning. I woke up, realized it was Saturday, and snuggled back down for a little extra shut eye. Goldie cat jumped up on my left side, and began administering cold, wet nose kisses. Sammie cat jumped up on my right side, head butted me, and then attached herself to my ribs. Stella cat oozed down from the headboard onto my chest and stretched out full length, waving her tail over my face like a fan. Once everyone got settled in, we all had a little nap. It was strangely peaceful and quite nice.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 09:20 PM   #36329
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Early morning with a bowl of fresh tamarinds to nibble on before breakfast....

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:23 PM   #36330
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
I experienced a rare, warm & fuzzy (and non-violent) moment this morning. I woke up, realized it was Saturday, and snuggled back down for a little extra shut eye. Goldie cat jumped up on my left side, and began administering cold, wet nose kisses. Sammie cat jumped up on my right side, head butted me, and then attached herself to my ribs. Stella cat oozed down from the headboard onto my chest and stretched out full length, waving her tail over my face like a fan. Once everyone got settled in, we all had a little nap. It was strangely peaceful and quite nice.
Norton always sleeps with me. Crystal never does. She'll hop up in the bed with us, but as soon as it becomes apparent that I'm going to sleep, she'll run out of the cold bedroom (Mr. Freeze is my hero) and lie down on the even colder bathroom floor.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?