Notices

Old 01-03-2011, 08:38 AM   #1
Suzibee
Suzibee began at the beginning.

Device: Coby Kyros
New with Coby Kyros

Hello to all
I am a new user with the Kyros.

I have been having a difficult time with it. My objective is to have it as my ebook reader and I am really having no successes with downloading books after conversion to epub format.

I hope I can find some help.
Suzibee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:07 AM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Suzibee and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2011, 09:08 AM   #3
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Suzi. I'm afraid I don't know my way around the Kyros, but if you were to post your specific problems in a device-specific forum here, I'm sure you'd soon get generous help in plain English. Good luck and best wishes for 2011. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:49 PM   #4
omgits2011
omgits2011 began at the beginning.

Device: Coby Kyros MID7005
Coby Kyros e-reader options

Suzibee, I registered for this forum just to answer your question as I also have a Kyros. I use both Nook and Kindle on my Kyros, as opposed to the included Adilko.

To get these e-readers on your tablet, you will need to first use Appslib to download another "Android" market since Appslib is limited, and we cannot use the official Android Market.

Here are the steps: Go to Appslib and download ApkShare. Once you open ApkShare, search for "nook" or "kindle." Download the link for your desired e-reader. ApkShare also has most of the (Android Market) apps that Appslib does not. By-the-way, I've added Pandora, Facebook, Appbrain, Kindle, Nook, and many other apps to my Kyros. (I've posted similar answers on yahoo and other forums)

Hope this helps!
omgits2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 02:42 PM   #5
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Hello and welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2011, 02:51 PM   #6
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Hi welcome to MR from the Netherlands. I saw already someone answering your problem.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 06:43 AM   #7
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Suzibee

Welcome to mobileread....

and you too ... omgits2011

Welcome to mobileread.... and thanks for answering the question - now you are here, you may as well stay.....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:10 AM   #8
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
welcome
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 03:48 PM   #9
Sandra Edwards
Queen of Procrastination
Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: K2, K3, Fire
Welcome to MR! I'm not familiar with your device, but I'm sure there are those here who are :-)

Sandy
Sandra Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 11:29 PM   #10
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Welcome Suzibee and Omgits2011
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 07:36 AM   #11
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
Hi Suzibee - glad to see you. Welcome to MR. Howzat - Omgits2011's 1st post is to help a fellow member's 1st post too. That's why I love this place. Welcome to MR mate.
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 12:25 AM   #12
phantom21
phantom21 began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzibee View Post
Hello to all
I am a new user with the Kyros.

I have been having a difficult time with it. My objective is to have it as my ebook reader and I am really having no successes with downloading books after conversion to epub format.

I hope I can find some help.
Hello Suzibee.

I got the Kyros at the end of December and I've been using it to read epub books without a problem. I've also downloaded the Kobo app, can red pdf files.

One of the things I did was download a bunch of books from the Gutenberg Project. They're public domain and free. They ended up in my download directory, and I opened the app that came with the Kyros (don't have it in front of me, starts with an "A" and has as its icon a shelf of books), go to the download area, and I can read it.

Can you tell me what kind of problems you're having?
phantom21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 12:34 AM   #13
phantom21

A month with the Kyros

OK, I've been using the Kyros for a month now. I love it. I had bought the Maylawn M-150 first, but it didn't make it. It was slow, only had Android 1.6, didn't have the memory, had an inconvenient dongle in order to add two standard size USB ports and a wired network port, the wifi wan't great, and the stylus didn't have a slot to keep it with the tablet. It would have gotten lost soon for sure.

So, I returned it after getting the Kyros, which I feel is a much better unit. It FEELS more rugged and solidly made. Better designed, came with a booklike (surty) cover, has a slot to keep the stylus around (although I rarely use it) and with built in ports. Has a much better battery life, and Android 2.1.

So I love it. But, I do have some questions.

I haven't been able to download the kindle app, in fact I'm having trouble downloading anything from the Android Market.

I want to save attachments from emails to a download area and I can't.

Those are the two major issues. I have a couple of others, but those I'd like to solve.

Thanks.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:46 AM   #14
phantom21

Here are the steps: Go to Appslib and download ApkShare. Once you open ApkShare, search for "nook" or "kindle." Download the link for your desired e-reader. ApkShare also has most of the (Android Market) apps that Appslib does not.

Hope this helps![/QUOTE]

Well, it helped me. I've added kindle to my Kyros finally. Now I can also download .mobi files.

Thanks.
Old 01-28-2011, 05:15 AM   #15
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Hello Suzibee and welcome. Good to see you here.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote