Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 08-24-2007, 06:01 PM   #1
Nogg
Literate!
Nogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it is

Device: PRS-500
Hack Builder

Version 1.12 of Hack Builder posted.

With it, everyone should be able to create the files needed to flash his/her reader (using igorsk's flasher) with only the hacks that he/she wants!

Also, hack developers will be able to add their new hacks via a simple xml interface so that all of the hacks are always available.

Instructions are in the readme file and in the Help in the program itself.

Please let me know of any issues you find.

(1.0)
Bug fix: Circle button no longer backward
Feature: Added song navigation functions to the dropdowns
(1.01)
Bug fix: Clock hack should display the appropriate am/pm indicator now
Feature: Hack list help item now a scrolling text window.
(1.02)
Bug fix: Removed reference to tooltip object for linux with mono compatibility
(1.03)
Bug fix: Fixed zero clearing out the digits array
(1.04)
Feature: Total Page Counter is now persistent through turning the Reader OFF and even flashing new hacks. It saves the count when you suspend or power OFF.
Feature: Delete books in Utilities page.

P.S. Do not use (or even install) the delete book hack if you have any collections as you could cause your reader to be stuck in an endless loop (JSWolf)
(1.05)
Feature: Warning tag added to hack files which will pop up a dialog when selecting a hack with the included message.
Feature: Added warning tag to Delete Book hack
(1.06)
Feature: Added Diablo's icons.
(1.07)
Feature: Added Save/Load config
(1.08)
Feature: Added command descriptions Help menu item
(1.09)
Bug fix: Gave more room to the total page count display in books
(1.10)
Feature: Simplified the flasher script so that it's less confusing when applying hacks
(1.11)
Feature: Added Copy Book hack (author: mdhuang)
(1.12)
Feature: Updated Copy Book hack (author: mdhuang)
Attached Files
File Type: zip HackBuilder1.12.zip (260.7 KB, 2274 views)

Last edited by Nogg; 10-29-2007 at 12:31 AM. Reason: 1.12, upgraded Copy Book hack
Nogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 06:16 PM   #2
Nogg
Literate!
Nogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it is

BTW, I'll be posting the source soon, once I clean things up a bit.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:30 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I've downloaded it. have not yet had a chance to run it. Sounds good so far though.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 03:27 AM   #4
Nogg
Literate!

I just noticed one minor issue as I was reading tonight. The circle button is wired up backward.

Fix is posted. Overwrote the original file.

Last edited by Nogg; 08-25-2007 at 03:36 AM. Reason: notice of bug fix
Old 08-26-2007, 01:11 AM   #5
flamaest
Groupie
flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-500
Just used the hack tool..

Everything worked great.. except for one thing..

I was expecting the doQUIT feature to power-off the unit like the power-switch normally does.. "where the unit is simply goes to sleep", but will come back online quickly..

Instead, the doQUIT feature is COMPLETLY powering off the unit, and when I push the power button the unit cold-boots, which takes forever to get back to the main menu.

F.
flamaest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 02:01 AM   #6
Nogg
Literate!

Yeah, that's the intended behavior. I could probably expose doSuspend if you'd like to have that for other buttons, but doQuit is the actual power off function.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:28 AM   #7
sein
Connoisseur
sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle, inkBook, Kobo
Great little application. I applied the Clock, Joystick Page Flip, Small Menu Font, and Direct Page Control Hacks easily, without problem, and now my eReader is working great. Thanks!
sein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 02:42 PM   #8
flamaest
Groupie
flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogg View Post
Yeah, that's the intended behavior. I could probably expose doSuspend if you'd like to have that for other buttons, but doQuit is the actual power off function.
YES, doSuspend would be a great addition!!!!

Thank you again for this wonderful tool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fabian.
Old 08-26-2007, 07:02 PM   #9
Nogg
Literate!

I've added song navigation functions to the dropdown lists for button remapping. They are next, previous, first and last.

Pause looks to be more difficult. I'll take a look at that later.

Currently I'm working on getting doSuspend to be remappable, but it's being tricky. I'll let you know if i get it working.
Old 08-26-2007, 07:57 PM   #10
flamaest
Groupie

This is amazing, I can't wait to try it out!

F.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:53 PM   #11
flamaest
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogg View Post
I've added song navigation functions to the dropdown lists for button remapping. They are next, previous, first and last.

Pause looks to be more difficult. I'll take a look at that later.

Currently I'm working on getting doSuspend to be remappable, but it's being tricky. I'll let you know if i get it working.
Sorry, one last thing.. can you add an "import-hack-files" so I don't have to re-select all of my favorite settings when I simply want to tweak a current set of hacks..?

Thanks,
F.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:07 PM   #12
Nogg
Literate!

I knew someone was going to request that sooner or later.

I will see what I can do, but it may be a few days before I get it in.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:06 AM   #13
flamaest
Groupie

I guess it's secondary for now.. would rather have the new buttons re-assignments you are working on..

Thanks for the great tool!
F.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:11 AM   #14
alexbe
alexbe began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
do functions description?

Hi,

anyone could tell, what are these functions for:

doCenter
doEnterHold

Just curious...

Last edited by alexbe; 08-27-2007 at 07:25 AM.
alexbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 07:25 AM   #15
alexbe
alexbe began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
what about to assign doGotoNextSong and doGotoPreviousSong to holding volume buttons, did it and it works. now i think it would be good to have direct start and stop playing buttons. but i dont see doFunctions for that maybe we should use doEnterHold for this?

Update doGotoNextSong and doGotoPreviousSong can be used to start music too. so we can assign doEnterHold to stop play. (only i dont know how to do it, maybe main.xml needs editing?)

Last edited by alexbe; 08-27-2007 at 07:28 AM.
alexbe is offline   Reply With Quote