Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 02-22-2007, 04:26 AM   #16
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
What I don't want from the CONNECT store in particular, are a few things:

1) As mentioned earlier, I hate being forwarded to the top of a list of books when I was already somewhere in the middle and wanted to "See more" about a book that catches my interest.

2) I don't want to pay more than 25% of a published book's price for an eBook when I can pick up a HB book for <50% of list price from Amazon AND have a DRM-free/physical take-anywhere book to have and to hold, share among friends, sell at a 2nd-hand bookstore, etc.

3) The interface is just kookie, it needs revamped based upon user input. A really killer interface would be something we could drag/drop items we want to see and it stays that way until we change it again.

As to "Suggested" books, I don't mind this so much as it is based upon some type of credible algorythm that checks the kind of books you've bought before and what others with similar interests chose as well; e.g., again, Amazon is great at this (for the most part). This is pretty much the only way I can stumble upon a new author if I'm not physically browsing in a Borders, Barnes & Noble, Hastings, etc.
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote