Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 09-26-2017, 01:26 PM   #61
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
@greg oire:
Its not that difficult:
Have a look at the picture urbie thankfully posted 5 posts up:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...5&postcount=55
Do you see the gray cable which goes around the battery. It is soldered to the mainboard on the battery side on the left of the metal bar and to the wifi antenna on the other side of the battery. Both places have to be checked if the soldering is failure free. The antenna can be checked too, there is a metall mesh glued to it which connects to the metal displayframe. I don't know if this is necessary but on my device and on urbies pic this connections is existing.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 01:30 PM   #62
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
@urbie:
Just opened my device to see how the ES repair guys fixed it.
Guess what, they just removed the shielding plate completely. Device is running without problems since they did it.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 05:33 AM   #63
dieselnutjob
dieselnutjob began at the beginning.

Device: Energy Sistem eReader Pro+
I have noticed recently that my eReader pro+ has sometimes been a little reluctant to come out of sleep mode. This morning it is totally refusing to wake up.
I have tried everything that I can think of:-
charged it up (the green light does come on)
long power button press
reset button
reset button+page refresh

Nothing seems to be working. Can anyone advise on how to wake it up, turn it off or reset it? It is stuck on the sleep screen, not on the off screen.

I think it is still on firmware 2.0.0b if that makes a difference.
dieselnutjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 11:53 AM   #64
dieselnutjob

Latest
if I connect the ES eReader Pro+ with a Micro USB cable to a windows laptop, when I press the power button for seven seconds then in the Windows Device Manager an "unknown device" appears with idenitifier USB\VID_2207&PID_292C\5&7608F5F&0&4.
If I press the power button again it disappears
and so on

So at some level it seems to still be alive

Currently the green charge light sometime comes on and sometimes doesn't.
Old 08-13-2018, 12:25 PM   #65
dieselnutjob

I just got my ES back from warranty.
It's all working again but it seems to be back on version 1 firmware.
I wish I knew what was wrong with it.
Old 08-13-2018, 03:05 PM   #66
dieselnutjob

also, I looked at their website and they seem to have removed the newer firmware files.
Specifically if I visit this page https://www.energysistem.com/en/support/downloads/42492 it only has "FW Energy eReader PRO + v1.0.0" there.
Have they pulled support for v2 and v3?

Tags
ereader, google account manager, google play, kobo app, pro+, t62+