Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 09-30-2012, 11:29 AM   #16
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
I've just downloaded it and can only marvel at the amount of work you must have done. Thanks. Is there any chance of an lrf version as lrf looks much better on my old Sony 505. Peeps like you amaze me and put me to shame.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:48 AM   #17
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Bookcat - it's just as easy for you to convert it to LRF as it is for anyone else. Simply convert it using Calibre.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2012, 03:16 PM   #18
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Calibre, for all its virtues, isn't as great as the people who produce such beautiful ebooks on MR. I always lose the clickable chapter headings and contents page. I can use Calibre for converting PDFs, but even then, I have to do a few versions before I get the text size right.

Thanks for suggestion but you give me more credit as a techie than I deserve.
Old 09-30-2012, 03:43 PM   #19
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
Calibre, for all its virtues, isn't as great as the people who produce such beautiful ebooks on MR. I always lose the clickable chapter headings and contents page. I can use Calibre for converting PDFs, but even then, I have to do a few versions before I get the text size right. Thanks for suggestion but you give me more credit as a techie than I deserve.
Props to you for writing the most tactful bug report I've ever read.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:39 AM   #20
pynch
why in?
pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Aura
Hi BookCat,

thank you for the compliments. I’m afraid I won’t be able to help you, as I have no experience converting epubs to lrf.

Regards, pynch.

Quote:
Calibre, for all its virtues, isn't as great as the people who produce such beautiful ebooks on MR. I always lose the clickable chapter headings and contents page. I can use Calibre for converting PDFs, but even then, I have to do a few versions before I get the text size right.

pynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2012, 11:59 AM   #21
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Hallo pynch, wäre es ein Problem, wenn ich die lrf-Version hochlade? Es ist eine reine Calibre-Konvertierung, ohne weitere Veränderungen.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:22 PM   #22
BookCat
C L J

If you don't speak german and want to know what Billi is saying, copy and paste into Babel Fish. I had to do this, but I'm not sure whether Billi would want me to give the translation.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:30 PM   #23
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Sorry, it's no secret at all. I asked pynch if he has any objections if I would upload the lrf version of "his" book. It just feels terribly wrong to talk to a German in English and not in our mother tongue, at least for me.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:34 PM   #24
pynch
why in?
pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

As Bartleby might have put it: “I would prefer you wouldn’t.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
Hallo pynch, wäre es ein Problem, wenn ich die lrf-Version hochlade? Es ist eine reine Calibre-Konvertierung, ohne weitere Veränderungen.

Last edited by pynch; 10-02-2012 at 12:46 PM.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:35 PM   #25
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:

Calibre is precisely what I use for the different versions of all the books that I upload. It works just fine. Why not try it and see?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:46 AM   #26
kenp
Ken
kenp began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Nook, PC, Android tablet (ePub)
Virginia Woolf

Pynch:

Just downloaded your Woolf compilation. Magnificent! Thank for your efforts. It's truly a treasure.
--Ken
kenp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:40 AM   #27
pynch
why in?

v.2.0 | Update 3 Feb 2013

I could finally add the last missing story, “A Dialogue upon Mount Pentelicus” that I transcribed from an online scan. Additionally, I corrected hundreds of mistakes and improved the formatting of “Roger Fry”. And last but not least, I replaced the cover. To those who justifiably complained that the old one was difficult to read: this one’s worse!
Old 02-03-2013, 10:58 AM   #28
Spinnenmonat
Guru
Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 Kindle Voyage 3G
Thank you so much for your revision! But i am still missing the old cover...
Spinnenmonat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:28 AM   #29
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by pynch View Post
And last but not least, I replaced the cover. To those who justifiably complained that the old one was difficult to read: this one’s worse!
May I ask why? (why you changed it, not why it is difficult to read, that's too clear (no pun intended) )
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:42 AM   #30
medard
Wizard
medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Electronic Paper
The new cover looks stunning. Thanks a lot.
medard is offline   Reply With Quote