Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-14-2017, 08:47 AM   #1
radamo
Addict
radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Oasis 9th Gen
Anyone exchanged covers?

I have the new 9th Gen Oasis 7" with a leather cover. The magnets do not feel very secure especially when using as a stand. I have seen some say their's works fine. Others say it improved over time. Has anyone returned their original and gotten a replacement? Was the new one any better?
radamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 03:04 PM   #2
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
I believe you may have trouble getting an exchange right now. From reading posts in this forum and checking Amazon's website (US and UK at least), it appears that Amazon has pulled the covers--presumably to fix problems with the magnets. Checking the Amazon US site, all the Amazon branded covers for the new Oasis show an availability of 1-2 months.
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2017, 03:24 PM   #3
radamo
Addict
radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dordale View Post
I believe you may have trouble getting an exchange right now. From reading posts in this forum and checking Amazon's website (US and UK at least), it appears that Amazon has pulled the covers--presumably to fix problems with the magnets. Checking the Amazon US site, all the Amazon branded covers for the new Oasis show an availability of 1-2 months.
I saw that earlier today, thank you. I am considering returning this one and set it for exchange. When I spoke to CS they did not know anything about them stopping selling the original covers (not surprising...).
Old 11-15-2017, 12:56 PM   #4
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Return & get your money back. When my Fire 10 wouldn't stay in the case... I returned it. Few days later Amazon quit selling them. I got a 3rd party case 2 years later still works Great! Less expensive too!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 02:23 PM   #5
radamo
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
Return & get your money back. When my Fire 10 wouldn't stay in the case... I returned it. Few days later Amazon quit selling them. I got a 3rd party case 2 years later still works Great! Less expensive too!
Will have to see if I can find one I like. Good suggestion, thank you. I do really like the "feel" of the Amazon one though.
Advert
Old 11-15-2017, 03:40 PM   #6
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
I, too, really like the feel of the leather as well as the design. Hopefully, Amazon will make improvements without compromising either of these.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 04:17 PM   #7
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Return the case & get something else .... OT Keep & Risk Breaking the Kindle when it falls out..... Totally your choice. The way Amazon Warranties are changing Don't count on them to replace the Kindle!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 05:28 PM   #8
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Why should I? I like the case and it does not fall off.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 03:37 AM   #9
Julian1984
Enthusiast
Julian1984 began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
Return the case & get something else .... OT Keep & Risk Breaking the Kindle when it falls out..... Totally your choice. The way Amazon Warranties are changing Don't count on them to replace the Kindle!
It's changing? In what way?
Thanks!
Julian1984 is offline   Reply With Quote