Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 03-26-2017, 06:18 AM   #46
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
This was reported as a bug some time ago. On my IPad mini, Marvin hardly ever opens where I left off, but is generally several pages out of sync. Just switching from landscape to portrait to landscape will cause it to lose its place.

After the flurry of activity when version 3 came out, Marvin support seems to have disappeared again.
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 06:15 AM   #47
Cloudmaker
Cloudmaker began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellShock View Post
After the flurry of activity when version 3 came out, Marvin support seems to have disappeared again.
My thoughts exactly. No updates since Fall. History with Marvin 2 repeats itself.
Cloudmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2017, 11:05 AM   #48
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
My thoughts exactly. No updates since Fall. History with Marvin 2 repeats itself.
Perhaps, but then again, Marvin works pretty well for me and it was last updated about the same time that iBook was last updated. I think we all know that Marvin is more of a hobby in terms of revenue for the developer rather than a means of putting food on the table.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 11:30 PM   #49
MartyTX
Dedicated
MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 1 & 4, Nook ST, Dell 11-3000, iPhone 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
... I think we all know that Marvin is more of a hobby in terms of revenue for the developer rather than a means of putting food on the table.
I recently obtained some 4th quarter 2016 revenue metrics for three eReaders. Only paid versions were included, not free or trial versions: Marvin 3, Hyphen, tiReader Pro.

The total quarterly revenue for the 3 apps was $5.6k. An average of about $20/day per app!

Definitely not much food on the table!

Update: 1st quarter 2017: $6.2

Last edited by MartyTX; 04-02-2017 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Updated
MartyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 10:51 AM   #50
dandelioncottage
Abibliophobe
dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2 64 gb, Nook Glowlight, iPad 4 (128 gb)
This happens to me, too, no matter which iDevice I'm using. I haven't been able to figure out what causes it either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diremommy View Post
Can someone please tell me exactly what setting I have ticked that causes Marvin to always start up one page behind where I left off? I'm sure it's something simple that I'm missing, but I just can't find it. Every time I turn off the tablet, or hit the home button to do something else, then open the app again, the book I'm reading is one page behind.
dandelioncottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2017, 10:02 AM   #51
crashnburn
Groupie
crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad1 iOS 5.1.1b, iPhone 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyTX View Post
I recently obtained some 4th quarter 2016 revenue metrics for three eReaders. Only paid versions were included, not free or trial versions: Marvin 3, Hyphen, tiReader Pro.

The total quarterly revenue for the 3 apps was $5.6k. An average of about $20/day per app!

Definitely not much food on the table!

Update: 1st quarter 2017: $6.2
Is any of them better than Marvin?

PS: 1.8k$ a month passive income - Move to Thailand or a low cost location (aka Digital Nomad style) and live a life of luxury..

Last edited by crashnburn; 07-27-2017 at 10:04 AM.
crashnburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 10:27 AM   #52
MartyTX
Dedicated
MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashnburn View Post
Is any of them better than Marvin?

PS: 1.8k$ a month passive income - Move to Thailand or a low cost location (aka Digital Nomad style) and live a life of luxury..
Year to date, Marvin has generated more revenue than all the other eReaders.

I sure hope Kris hasn't become a nomad and moved from Malta!
Old 07-28-2017, 01:58 PM   #53
crashnburn
Groupie
crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad1 iOS 5.1.1b, iPhone 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyTX View Post
Year to date, Marvin has generated more revenue than all the other eReaders.

I sure hope Kris hasn't become a nomad and moved from Malta!
Hope to connect with him in future PS: Is Marvin still the best ePub reader on iOS?

Which ones are "next" in line - just to know?
crashnburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 01:16 AM   #54
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Might want to ask that in the general section...probably not too PC to ask in the Marvin forum what the best competitors to Marvin are... lol

But, IMHO, Marvin is still by FAR the best iOS reader!!
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 10:08 AM   #55
MartyTX
Dedicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
Ditto!
Old 07-30-2017, 06:14 AM   #56
Clark G. Flipper
Connoisseur
Clark G. Flipper began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
Might want to ask that in the general section...probably not too PC to ask in the Marvin forum what the best competitors to Marvin are... lol

Why not? Remember Stanza? And remember the long quiet period at the end of Marvin 2? I agree that Marvin is still the best iOS reader, but nevertheless I am permanently checking alternatives.
Clark G. Flipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 05:13 PM   #57
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark G. Flipper View Post
Why not? Remember Stanza? And remember the long quiet period at the end of Marvin 2? I agree that Marvin is still the best iOS reader, but nevertheless I am permanently checking alternatives.
You're more than welcome to check....who's going to stop you?? But how good of a reception do you think you would get if you went to....oh, say..... a Ford dealer and started asking them about all the advantages in a Chevy? Probably not going to be a very long conversation....
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 04:51 AM   #58
svenlind
Fanatic
svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Kobo Sage and Libra 2,Ipad mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashnburn View Post
Hope to connect with him in future PS: Is Marvin still the best ePub reader on iOS?

Which ones are "next" in line - just to know?
I also think it proper to discuss this somewhere else. You might want to take a look at this thread.
svenlind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 09:37 AM   #59
pehkay
pehkay is a rising star in the heavenspehkay is a rising star in the heavenspehkay is a rising star in the heavenspehkay is a rising star in the heavenspehkay is a rising star in the heavenspehkay is a rising star in the heavenspehkay is a rising star in the heavenspehkay is a rising star in the heavenspehkay is a rising star in the heavenspehkay is a rising star in the heavenspehkay is a rising star in the heavens

Device: apple
Whoah ... an update
pehkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 12:45 PM   #60
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by pehkay View Post
Whoah ... an update
I reacted the same
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote