Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-04-2015, 08:49 AM   #1
ivanm
e^bored
ivanm began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, BeBook Neo
Syntax for custom lists in programs

I'm trying to add a tag to my books based upon whether it's a graphic novel.

What I'm trying to do is:
Code:
comic_types = ["CBR", "CBZ", "CBT", "CBA", "CB7"];
formats = approximate_formats();

has_comic_formats = list_intersection(comic_types, formats,",");
# etc.
However, the definition of comic_types is obviously wrong (in that I get a "Formatter: failed to scan program. Invalid input ..." error when I try to use it).

Does calibre have support for actual lists, or is it just all operating on Strings (and doing text-munging)?
ivanm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 10:17 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
By calibre I assume you mean the template language. You are correct, the template language supports strings. A string is converted to a list if the context calls for it. In your example you would use "CBR, CBZ, CBT, CBA, CB7".

If you want to use "real" lists then you can write a custom formatter function in python, which will of course have much better performance than a template language program.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2015, 04:30 PM   #3
ivanm
e^bored
ivanm began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, BeBook Neo
That's what I was afraid of. Thanks for confirming for me chaley.
ivanm is offline   Reply With Quote