Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 07-02-2010, 03:52 PM   #1
Wapata
Enthusiast
Wapata began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Cybook Gen3
Unhappy I can't update firmware from 1.4 to the last one (EN/FR)

Hello,
Here I come again to you because I've problems. The first one is that I can't update my Bookeen Cybook Gen3, and the second is that Bookeen take a lot of time before give answers.

I've some pictures, to showing you that with all different SD cards I have, they are recognize only if I put them in the reader AFTER boot. So, how can I install the new firmware ??

By the way, I've a very old version, can it be the problem ? I can't find intermediate version to test.

Thanks.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Bonjour,
Me revoici encore car j'ai des problèmes, le premier est que je ne peux pas mettre mon Bookeen Cybook Gen3 à jour, le second est que Bookeen met un temps énorme avant de répondre à mes questions.

J'ai quelques images, pour vous montrer que malgré toutes les cartes SD différentes que je peux avoir, elle ne sont reconnues que si je les insère dans le lecteur APRÈS avoir démarré. Alors comment je pourrais installer le nouveau firmware ?

Sinon, c'est une très vielle version que j'ai, cela pourrait il être le problème ? Je ne peux pas trouver de version intermédiaire pour tester.

Merci.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Wapata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 03:44 AM   #2
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
I've some pictures, to showing you that with all different SD cards I have, they are recognize only if I put them in the reader AFTER boot.
That would be the problem, more than the "old" version.
Someone had the same problem you have, and bookeen provided him with a procedure to update without the sd. I would contact bookeen to have said procedure.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2010, 04:57 AM   #3
Wapata
Enthusiast

I think I have to re-read the forum to find the procedure you say, because I'm waiting Bookeen's answer since a moment...

Merci pour la réponse !
Old 07-03-2010, 07:18 AM   #4
Wapata
Enthusiast

I try this:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...7&postcount=10
and this:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=12
Not this because it's dangerous (see the full topic):
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...78&postcount=6

And I'm not with the last firmware yet... But still trying !
Old 07-06-2010, 07:05 AM   #5
NicolasR
Addict
NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Someone had the same problem you have, and bookeen provided him with a procedure to update without the sd.
That was me (or I was one of them).
But it was with an Opus white, wich didn’t recognize the SDcard at all. Bookeen support supply me with the update file and the procedure to update the device without any SDcard. And it worked very well.
NicolasR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2010, 10:59 AM   #6
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
1 -> Booter la machine
2 -> Mettre la carte SD
3 -> Attendre que le logo SD s'affiche
4 -> Eteindre (sans enlever la carte)
5 -> Booter en utilisant la procedure de Mise A Jour
6 -> Attendre la fin de la MaJ
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote