Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 04-02-2010, 08:50 PM   #16
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
I played a little bit with Osmo on my DR1000, the patch above does not solve everything. It seems that when you switch from (internal) app, i.e. Contacts to Calendar, this keyboard stays on and is not removed when quiting the applications. I will see if I also find some time to look at it. I will posts updates here.
Posted a new version which fixes keyboard issue. Look at message #1.

DR800 runs a daemon process called erkeyd listening in a special socket for keyboard show or hide actions. Luckily, there is a library liberkeybd-client which contains the function erkeyb_client_hide().

Anyway, Osmo does strange things. I've had to use an ugly hack to avoid showing keyboard at start (I think it is the same problem you mention). Also, Contacts tab focus on search entry by default, making keyboard to show.

Last edited by Iņigo; 04-02-2010 at 08:55 PM.
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 07:24 PM   #17
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

New release: v4

v4 - 2010/04/27 23:14
. requires libs from core _base package v1

Download from first message.
Old 05-02-2010, 12:54 PM   #18
omicroncz
omicroncz began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
Hi! This one sounds like a great app, something I`ve always wanted to have on DR.

Thanks!

Last edited by omicroncz; 05-02-2010 at 01:15 PM.
omicroncz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 04:23 PM   #19
hydrografie
epaper fan
hydrografie began at the beginning.

Device: irex iliad, dr1000, dr800; boox: m96, t86, max2
dr800+ and osmo

Ingo,

i'm new to osmo but seem to be having a problem (or possible bug?) It starts allright but in the current tab in dr800+ (full version) when switching to another tab it does not come back to the tab it was opened in; that tab is showing the original content again requiring a reset to close osmo.

I would really love to have osmo running in it's own tab. Am i overlooking something here?
hydrografie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 05:02 PM   #20
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrografie View Post
Ingo,

i'm new to osmo but seem to be having a problem (or possible bug?) It starts allright but in the current tab in dr800+ (full version) when switching to another tab it does not come back to the tab it was opened in; that tab is showing the original content again requiring a reset to close osmo.

I would really love to have osmo running in it's own tab. Am i overlooking something here?
Osmo was ported some months before DR800+ release, so it does not contain code to interact with tabs. It would need some work to make it work.
I don't have much time nowdays and I'm afraid no much people use Osmo, so I don't think I will spend more time on it, sorry.

Iņigo
Old 12-01-2010, 02:36 AM   #21
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrografie View Post
Ingo,

To get an application to appear in the tab some extra irex firmware calls need to be done. I have a version that does this, however it is created with different configuration settings for Osmo. It uses its own libraries and not the one form the base-package and it has the settings in its own directory and not in the Programs/_config/.osmo (I guess) directory.
So you can use the attached version, but you probably need to copy the (content of) the .osmo diretory to: Programs\_osmo\config\.osmo.
Note I have not tested the copying of config data because I do not have the version of Iņigo installed, so I can not check if this are the good actions, so please make backups before you try.

Let me know if this works,
Marcel.
Attached Files
File Type: zip OsmoForDR1000.zip (1.19 MB, 748 views)
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 05:34 AM   #22
bokjeid
Addict
bokjeid began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
To get an application to appear in the tab some extra irex firmware calls need to be done. I have a version that does this, however it is created with different configuration settings for Osmo. It uses its own libraries and not the one form the base-package and it has the settings in its own directory and not in the Programs/_config/.osmo (I guess) directory.
So you can use the attached version, but you probably need to copy the (content of) the .osmo diretory to: Programs\_osmo\config\.osmo.
Note I have not tested the copying of config data because I do not have the version of Iņigo installed, so I can not check if this are the good actions, so please make backups before you try.

Let me know if this works,
Marcel.
Wow, yours works very well on my device! Many thanks! And I couldn't find any .osmo file to copy but it was no problem for me
bokjeid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 06:49 AM   #23
hydrografie
epaper fan
hydrografie began at the beginning.

Device: irex iliad, dr1000, dr800; boox: m96, t86, max2
It works!

This seems to be working just fine. I've not tried moving the config folder, that will be the next thing to try (or actually re-reading my contacts and cleaning them out before importing again - 1100 contacts is to much on the DR800 (unless you have some time )
hydrografie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 06:05 AM   #24
fekhner
Addict
fekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: DRs, EE, ipad/iphone, Helix
works for me too!
fekhner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 03:45 AM   #25
TIW
TIW began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi. I am using Osmo for quite some time now and would like to know what has to be done to make Osmo open the lower half of the window, showing contact- and task details, by default on start up ?
I also would like to know whether there is a so called "portable" version of Osmo ?
Thanks for your help.
TIW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 03:59 AM   #26
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIW View Post
Hi. I am using Osmo for quite some time now and would like to know what has to be done to make Osmo open the lower half of the window, showing contact- and task details, by default on start up ?
I also would like to know whether there is a so called "portable" version of Osmo ?
Thanks for your help.
Sorry, too much time since I ported this.
No idea how to do what you ask for.
If you know coding, you could deep into the sources and modify the program.

Kind regards,
Iņigo

Tags
agenda, dr800, osmo, personal organizer