Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-28-2014, 01:08 AM   #16
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I agree with TechniSol. It could be a corrupt ebook file.
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 07:39 PM   #17
ReadsWithWolves
ReadsWithWolves began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Corrupt ebooks are a good theory. Thanks. Confirmed that the handful of books I loaded onto the Kobo all read fine in another viewer. So that's unlikely the problem.
ReadsWithWolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 12:52 AM   #18
ReadsWithWolves
ReadsWithWolves began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Cool

Thanks again, all who tried to help me here. In the end, neither of the two Kobo devices would work and I got tired of repeated diagnosis and try-this/try-that. Kobo's hardware and/or software is not for me.

While I will dearly miss the Kobo Aura HD's fantastic screen size and resolution, I'm going back to ePub on iPad. Marvin and/or iBooks are decent readers, and bulky dead tree editions rarely piss me off as much as this Kobo experience did. Reliability first.

I returned one dead Kobo to Kobo Customer Care, and the retailer (Chapters) is giving me in-store credit for the other. It will soon be spent. :-) Cheers.
ReadsWithWolves is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aura, aurahd, kobo, pocket, wifi