Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 03-27-2013, 05:48 PM   #1
drzero
drzero began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Touch and Nexus 10
CBR/CBZ transfer to Nexus 10 with Calibre Companion

Hi there,

I just purchased a Nexus 10. I have installed Calibre Companion and have successfully connected it as a wireless device to Calibre and can transfer epubs to it. I have a Calibre library with comic books in CBR/CBZ format as well. I would like to also transfer these using Calibre Companion. When I have the Nexus 10 connected as an MTP device, I was able to choose Configure This Device and add that CBR/CBZ was a supported format, and even to have Calibre put CBR/CBZ in a seperate folder. However, when I connect it as a wireless device, the Configure This Device dialog does not allow me to choose which formats are supported, and when I try to transfer CBR/CBZ it asks me if I want to auto convert files before uploading. If I choose Send Specific Format to Main Memory, I can only choose EPUB, MOBI, AZW3 and PDF.
Is this a limitation in Calibre Companion or is there a way for me to achieve this?
drzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:04 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
MTP settings have no effect on CC. Instead you do the setup in CC.

In CC, go to Settings -> Book formats and folders. Scroll down until you find CBR and CBZ. Check the boxes for these items. From what you said, you might also want to change the folder.

For more information, see the CC FAQ How do I change the folder(s) on my device where the books are stored?.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2013, 07:44 PM   #3
drzero
drzero began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Touch and Nexus 10
Excellent! I had not seen that entry in the settings dialog for CC. Figuring out who deals with what in the Calibre/CC relationship isn't entirely logical to me. But now it does exactly what I want, so thank you so much! You just earned your $3 that CC costs
Thank you for an awesome product.
drzero is offline   Reply With Quote