Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-16-2019, 09:13 PM   #1
masp
Enthusiast
masp began at the beginning.

Device: ipad air
EXCEPTION: cannot import name EvalFormatter

Since a recent calibre update one of my custom columns is suddenly broken and is displaying:

EXCEPTION: cannot import name EvalFormatter

for all books. It's a "column built from other columns" using this template:

Code:
{tags:'in_list($, ",",
   "^topic:",                 re_group($, ".* ?topic:([^,]+).*", "[[$]]"),
   ".* ?technical \(",      re_group($, ".* ?technical \((.+?)\).*", "[[$]]"),
   ".* ?technical$",        "",
                                   "")'}
I don't know which update broke it, but I last noticed it working a few months ago. I have other columns "built from other columns" which do still work, for instance one using this template:

Code:
{:'list_re(author_links(":", " & "), " & ", ".*?([^:]+):?$", "\1")'}
so it's something to do with the specific template that seems to be suddenly causing a problem.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Mike
masp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 09:15 PM   #2
masp
Enthusiast

FWIW the broken column is the only custom column that uses re_group().
Old 09-16-2019, 09:34 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
This will be fixed in the next release.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 09:50 PM   #4
masp
Enthusiast

Thanks!
Old 09-18-2019, 09:44 AM   #5
LiLYoda
LiLYoda began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Same issue here. I have a columns called "Author Inverted" which lists the author name as "firstname lastname", whereas I have everything regitsred as "lastname, firstname" in the library

Here's the formula in the custom column
Code:
{authors:'list_re_group($, ' & ', '.', "(^.*\, .*$)|(^.*$)", "[[$:'re($, '^([^,]+), ([^[]+)', '\2 \1')']]", "[[$]]")'}
Problem is that it beaks the export to my Kobo, now all the authors on the books are now named "TEMPLATE ERROR cannot import name EvalFormatter"

LiLYoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 10:02 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Either downgrade calibre or wait for the next release which has the fix.
Old 09-19-2019, 12:03 PM   #7
LiLYoda

Thanks
Do you have a rough ETA on the next version? If it's a matter of days, i'll wait, but if over a month, then I'd downgrade.

Last edited by LiLYoda; 09-19-2019 at 12:06 PM.
Old 09-19-2019, 12:23 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=322850
Old 09-19-2019, 12:49 PM   #9
LiLYoda

OK. Downgraded to 3.47.1 on MacOS, and the bug disappeared.

Tags
custom columns, regex