Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-11-2010, 06:39 AM   #1
rodolfo
rodolfo began at the beginning.

Device: none
permission denied

Hello, I have not found any relating posts, so her is my (newbie?) question.
The last few days Calibre produces many errors on 'permission denied' issues.
Somehow the program wants to change filenames, even if I have not changed any metadata yet.
I get messages like the one attached below. I checked file permissions in windows XP, and the read-only status seems to be sticking even after unchecking read-only of the bookfiles.
Calibre produces a new folder with only the cover in it. So no my whole folderstructure gets very nasty. I am stuck on what to try.
Anyone has got a suggestion for m on how to proceed. I don't feel like starting from scratch with 1900 books in the library.

Thanks Rolf

ERROR: FOUT: Niet-verwerkte uitzondering: <b>IOError</b>:[Errno 13] Permission denied: u'D:\\bieb\\Vladimir Kren\\Ergot_ The Genus Claviceps (Medicinal & (840)\\Ergot_ The Genus Claviceps (Medicinal & - Vladimir Kren.pdf'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\library.py", line 671, in setData
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 1115, in set
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 1209, in set_authors
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 766, in set_path
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 944, in format
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: u'D:\\bieb\\Vladimir Kren\\Ergot_ The Genus Claviceps (Medicinal & (840)\\Ergot_ The Genus Claviceps (Medicinal & - Vladimir Kren.pdf'

Last edited by rodolfo; 01-11-2010 at 10:23 AM.
rodolfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 06:44 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
This sounds like a Windows level problem rather than a Calibre level one?

None of the files in the Calibre library should have their read-only attribute set.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2010, 06:52 AM   #3
rodolfo

Hi Itimpi, I know. As a user i can change the name of all folders without any problem. On the folder properties it does however show read-only checked. (that probably is some weird windows issue/error/bug?). the cause must be lying somewhere else I think.

Even without having made a change at the metadat, just clicking in an editable field can trigger the error. Most of the titles I can edit without a problem, that is even stranger.

Rolf

Last edited by rodolfo; 01-11-2010 at 07:17 AM.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:53 AM   #4
rodolfo

I have made a workaround. Reimporting the books that give permission denied errors works. The cause of my problem is still unknon, but I do not feel the urge to continue in this forum. So this thread ends here, I think.
cheers. Rolf
Old 10-16-2010, 11:50 PM   #5
garcle
Connoisseur
garcle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.garcle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.garcle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.garcle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.garcle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad
Something I came across that others might, I was trying to edit metadata by downloading. But to Download I needed to get the ISBN from inside the file so I opened it *and left it open* doh!! .. then after metadata successfully downloads and I go to click Ok I get permission denied (because its trying to move the file to a new title folder but the file is still open in acrobat).

I know this is really dumb, but nevertheless ... it might help someone else
garcle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2010, 11:58 PM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcle View Post
Something I came across that others might, I was trying to edit metadata by downloading. But to Download I needed to get the ISBN from inside the file so I opened it *and left it open* doh!! .. then after metadata successfully downloads and I go to click Ok I get permission denied (because its trying to move the file to a new title folder but the file is still open in acrobat).

I know this is really dumb, but nevertheless ... it might help someone else
Usually I hate folks that reopen an old thread but this is good to know.

Karma to you.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
file access, write error