Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 05-28-2009, 02:56 PM   #16
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzil View Post
Some of you are able to put the SD card in the wrong way? I just tried with mine (a 400Mhz model) and it's impossible to put the SD card the wrong way without apply too much force.. Maybe the older model had a faulty SD slot?
It is a bit surprising but I suppose that if you never have put an SD card into a machine before you would not know what is too much force.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 03:03 PM   #17
andavane
Zealot
andavane began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, + Wifi, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesypea View Post
Thanks for the reply, not the one I was hoping for
Maybe I'll just use the internal memory then, I don't have the patience to send it off for repair.
If it's any consolation "as you are now, so once was I" i.e. like yourself, I wanted the card slot to work and it did; however I found the response slower, and one had to press the central button more than once to turn a page. In the end I asked myself "why bother with the SD card when I get what I want on the internal memory anyway?" The internal memory works much better and responds quicker so, even though it did work I ended up not using it.
Indeed I wondered really why it was there; after all one can store all the books one wants on one's hard drive, other media, or on dropbox (http://www.getdropbox.com/)
which is where I keep copies of my files.

I can honestly say I have never missed the SD card slot since doing that!

Kind regards

John
andavane is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2009, 05:59 AM   #18
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
It is a bit surprising but I suppose that if you never have put an SD card into a machine before you would not know what is too much force.
For me, even for things I never do, if I need to push too much for something it can be for two reason
- I do it wrong (95% of time)
- it really need to be pushed hard, but it's generally mentionned (like attach a heatsink on a CPU when you need to use a screwdriver to push a metalbar) (5% of time)

But I know that some people can do really strange thing (Like putting a toner in a HP laserjet printer in the wrong way and beeing unable to remove it because it is not design to beeing put this way, and such a thing is normaly impossible... (it's really happen...))
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 02:44 PM   #19
momghoti
Zealot
momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Bookeen
Actually, the SD card on my machine requires more force than I expected to insert, and I have to push with my nail to get it to 'click'. Add that in to the fact that it is reversed from normal--the contacts face the front of the machine--and putting the card in backwards is not so strange.

Have you tried a different SD card? The Cybook is notoriously picky when it comes to SD cards, and doesn't like some for unknown reasons. I think I went through 4 before I found one my Cybook liked.
momghoti is offline   Reply With Quote