Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-08-2008, 06:53 PM   #1
tobo78
tobo78 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Pictures and music with calibre?

Hi,

i am using calibre on a mac (main machine) and on a windows xp machine.
While i am quite new to the prs-505 and calibre i read a recommendation not to use both sony software and calibre.
But how do i get pictures and music on my device? I did not find an option inside calibre, which is the software i prefer to use.
tobo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 06:57 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Just copy them using finder or windows explorer (calibre only manages books)
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2008, 07:01 PM   #3
tobo78

Because i never used the sony sony software, there are no folders for that. how do i have to name them?
And is it true that using the sony software and calibre will cause troubles?

Kovid, this software is really a great piece of work.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:04 PM   #4
tobo78

Alright, i found the solution by myself. I should have tried that before asking ;-)
Old 08-08-2008, 07:05 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can use both, as long as you don't transfer books with both. Files placed anywhere on a SD card will be picked up by the reader. In the main memory IIRC its something like database/media/music and database/media/pictures
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2008, 08:03 AM   #6
FangornUK
Addict
FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad, Kindle 3
If you want an "album" of photos in a single LRF file you can create a Comic book of images and convert with "comic2lrf" on the command line or simply as a Comic in the Calibre GUI (my ComicLRF utility has recently been added to Calibre).
This is very simple to do:
  • Create a ZIP file and put the images you want into the zip file.
  • Rename the extension from .ZIP to .CBZ
  • Use Calibre to convert the file, remembering to tick the options 'Landscape', 'Keep aspect Ratio', 'Disable Sharpening'

Leave the "Number of colours" at 64, it really does help to improve image quality.
FangornUK is offline   Reply With Quote