Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-01-2008, 08:11 PM   #1
Aumnayan
Aumnayan began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Thumbs down No Suitable Formats where found. Calibre

I decided to get away from Sony's Connect software. The only alternative I found has been Calibre, which is fine as it's leaps and bounds better then Connect IMHO. However, I am not willing to give up the hand full of titles I have purchased through their store.

Long story short: When I go to move an LRX file (which is sony's DRMed LRF file format if I am not mistaken) to my device through Calibre I get the following error:

"No suitable formats where found"

Anyone have a workaround for this? Or am I stuck with Connect to read thoes titles?
Aumnayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 08:56 PM   #2
arcadesdude
Lexically Impaired
arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2
Are you able to move them from My Computer to the Sony Reader drive?
arcadesdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2008, 11:32 PM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcadesdude View Post
Are you able to move them from My Computer to the Sony Reader drive?
HE probably is, but it would be nice to be able to catalog them in Calibre if that is what he is using to organize his ebooks. Although I doubt the metadata can be read from the file so it would have to be entered manually.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 11:36 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aumnayan View Post
I decided to get away from Sony's Connect software. The only alternative I found has been Calibre, which is fine as it's leaps and bounds better then Connect IMHO. However, I am not willing to give up the hand full of titles I have purchased through their store.

Long story short: When I go to move an LRX file (which is sony's DRMed LRF file format if I am not mistaken) to my device through Calibre I get the following error:

"No suitable formats where found"

Anyone have a workaround for this? Or am I stuck with Connect to read thoes titles?
You'll still need to use eBook Library to move DRM books.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 11:42 PM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You'll still need to use eBook Library to move DRM books.
I'm not sure why. The .lrx file should work on all devices that are registered to the account that was used to purchase it... no matter how you move the file.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2008, 11:49 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I'm not sure why. The .lrx file should work on all devices that are registered to the account that was used to purchase it... no matter how you move the file.

BOb
True, you could just copy the files to the appropriate directory on the 505. But, if you want them in a collection, then you will have to use eBook Library.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote